Wedding Woes

I am taking back my body! (BR)

So my meeting with the booby doctor went well. There were a number of things that have been working against me and M in the BF dept from the beginning. She has a recessed jaw which causes major latch problems (we didn't know about this), babies tend not to be good nursers until they're within the 7lbs range (she didn't hit 7lbs until she was 3 months old) and my stress level. I've been taking some different herbs with little results.

And then the thrush issue has caused more problems.

As of today, the pump is retired. I'm going to continue to nurse mornings and evenings until I can't anymore. The earliest cut off date for me is 7/14 (she'll be 6 months).

I'm a little sad but also feeling really liberated.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I am taking back my body! (BR)

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you.

Please do not be sad. You gave M a WONDERFUL start. I commend you for making it to almost 6 months. That is fantastic, and far better than I did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You've done great.
    And I'm glad the doc was helpful.

And now you can haev more wine :)
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

You've done an amazing job!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I remember that feeling (I had to stop at 6 months).  You've given M a great start.
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting awfully close to this point myself. Supply is dwindling slowly and getting harder and harder to keep up, I'm sick of moving heaven and earth for it. Not a happy subject for me :( Hooray for making it this far and getting your boobies back!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your support, encouragement and help.

Dharma, this has been a REALLY hard decision for me to make. But I've come to realize that 6 months is a long time and she's gotten all of the benefits of breastfeeding regardless if I continue until she's a year old or if I quit today. Do what is right for you. And if you need to have an ear, you've got mine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've done great!! 6 months is definitely a long time.  She's definitely benefited from you doing it this long.

I'm toying with quitting pumping sooner than later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards