Washington-Seattle

Browns Catering

I don't know if many of you saw the great "deal" they were offering at the bridal show at the convention center, but don't fall for it. We went to their tasting all excited for 17.95 a head only to find out it is a 5,500.00 min. for a saturday night in July because it is prime time for them. They also wanted us to use their bartender and extra wait staff so that we could meet that minnumum. Total waste of an afternoon! and their food wasn't that great either, it just appeared to be really well priced.

Re: Browns Catering

• nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same experience with them. It must be their marketing ploy.
  • edited December 2011
    wow. are you serious?? i'm getting married july 31.. and i'm using them.. and it is only 3k. they must be raising their prices. that kinda sucks.. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, when I went there a month ago the minimum was 4k so it does seem like they're raising their prices. I drove over an hour to Renton before they mentioned the minimum and they had really long contract.
  • edited December 2011
    They never mentioned a minimum to FI or I when we met with the, but we decided to go with www.chefbert.com/" target="_blank">Chef Bert anyhow - for us his pricing was a bit better and we just preferred his food.  But wow, $5k minimum for summer evening - you'd have to have at least 250 guests to meet that or choose a more expensive menu.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we met with them last fall and they didn't tell us until the end of our meeting, or during any phone calls, emails or on their website,  that there was a $4000 min, just for food.  Their quotes in person were between $4000 and $5000 for 75 people.  They kept adding things we hadn't asked for to increase the price. 

We went with Seasoned in Seattle, and I like them much better and the food is better, and we're looking at spending less money for food AND unlimited beer and wine.  They only thing it doesn't include is linens.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    they didn't tell us there was a minimum until after they sent us the contract. i made the chef handwrite and sign that we would not be required to meet that minimum and lowered the minimum. The minimum they gave us was something silly..it was some number lik 3341.17 or something.. what the heck. so i made him say WITH tax and tip it had to reach 3k.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • dennice79dennice79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a total rip off, if I wanted to spend that kind of money I would go look at Salty's or Anthony's and go with steak and lobster as I am only having 75 guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards