Washington-Seattle

New to the boards- Olympia based, planning a 2014 wedding

Just wanted to try to start getting active on Washington-Seattle board. Newly engaged and planning a large 2014 outdoor wedding in Tacoma/Seattle area.

Wondering if there are any other Brides that are considering a April/May outdoor wedding in Tacoma/Seattle.....or am I crazy- since we do get a lot of rain in this area of Washington. If you are considering a late spring wedding, what are your dates? Smile

I really love the apple/cherry blossoms and would love to have an outdoor wedding that could benefit from the spring blooms.

Anyways always open to sharing ideas/thoughts.

Congratulations on your engagements!

Christy
Visit The Knot!

Re: New to the boards- Olympia based, planning a 2014 wedding

• Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!

I was married on May 7th in 2011, and it rained Frown  BUT I had a Plan B to my original outdside wedding plan, and everything was fine and my guests had fun indoors and outdoors during a few dry spells.

Rain is hit-or-miss no matter when you schedule your wedding around Seattle, I would recommend an Indoor Plan B for any outside wedding, even for Summer Brides. 

Spring can be SUCH a pretty time of the year (on the days it doesn't rain), and even though it rained on my wedding day, the next day was BEAUTIFUL and my H & I, as well as my OOT guests we met with the next day, were able to enjoy a wonderful brunch at Pikes Place and they were able to see all of the awesomeness that is the PNW in the Spring time.  Obviously I'm bias, but Spring is my favorite time of the year!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • And I will also add, that last year for our 1st anniversary, May 7th was PERFECT:  65-70 degrees, and not a cloud in the sky.  I wish it had been that way on our wedding day, but it's an old wives tale that rain on your wedding day is good luck, so I'll look at it that way Smile

Weather at the end of Spring is so hard to predict!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • I'm new here also and planning a fall 2013 wedding! We have a plan B in case of rain since this lovely place we live has such unpredictable weather. We ended up choosing a venue in Leavenworth hoping for some sunshine, but still have a covered/indoor solution just in case. 
    cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards