Wedding Woes

iho of movie convos: movie pet peeves

What are your least favorite things/pet peeves to see in a movie?

Mine:
-Horses falling down. I'm not sure why this gets to me but I cannot handle it.

-Any animal injury period, but the horse thing is in a category all alone (O' Brother, Where Art Thou got turned off at the frogs. I've never seen the rest of the movie.)

-The ruin of a great automobile for no good reason. (Worst: Iron Man falling on/crushing a Shelby Cobra while testing the suit.)

-When a bad azz female character falls to pieces the second the male hero gets involved. (Mayday in the Bond series. All business pre-Bond, then as soon as they team up, she starts moaning "Oh, Jaaaames" every time a rock falls.)
Dear Rain, Not Today. Sincerely, My Parade

Re: iho of movie convos: movie pet peeves

• edited December 2011

When the killer is chasing a girl and she falls down.

• nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sitting next to a weirdo like Inkswell.  WTF is wrong with you?  Seriously.
    imageimage
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
     - I also don't like the horse falling thing, but I know they are trained to do it.

- I hate movies where poor people make heart breakingly poor decisions with money.  In America, I'm looking at you.

- I hate that architects are always wealthy in movies.  If only, if only.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When the scaredy cat chick runs UP the stairs into the home instead of outside to a car.  ADURRR.
  • edited December 2011
    When they feature Coca-Cola products instead of Pepsi products.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sick/dying/distressed children in dramas. Like, if it's a horror movie or a comedy, where I know the kid's not really going through anything, I can handle it. But if it's a drama, that's usually the focus of the plot, and they make it all realistic and impossible to watch.

I refuse to watch torture. 

Boring me. I turn movies off if I'm not into it within 10 minutes. It doesn't take much to keep me interested, so if you're not, you're doing it wrong. 
  • InksWellInksWell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nico- It's probably a good idea to just stop reading what you apparently don't want to read. Why get yourself all riled up?

Dear Rain, Not Today. Sincerely, My Parade
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-of-movie-convos-movie-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a07eb4c6-043d-4c0b-8244-9fd81c9464f3Post:5f7553ef-3f0e-4e97-8989-6dd67be4a450">Re: iho of movie convos: movie pet peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]bmom, you might hate the movie Hostel. and Apolcalypto. i love gore.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I won't ever watch them. Or the Saw movies. Or any of those that call themselves "horror". Horror is ghosts and monsters you can't really see, TYVM. It's not crazy people cutting someone up. (I have Investigation Discovery for that.) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards