Wedding Woes
Options

You know what my fav work gift is?

That darn tin of assorted popcorn.

I never buy it, but goodness knows I look forward to it every year.

Re: You know what my fav work gift is?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've fallen in love with Edible Arrangements. And giant baskets of assorted cookies/cheese/crackers/candy
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BOOZE.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    And the butter cookie tin!  Don't forget the butter cookie tin (not to be confused with putting ButterCookie in a tin).
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My dad used to get one of those every year from work and it was DELICIOUS.  But then someone gave us one a few years ago and it was terrible.  I think it was maybe sitting in their garage for two years before they regifted it to us.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My boss usually gives me a little mug full of candy.  Which, I mean, the candy part is great but I only need so many mugs.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one of my dad's colleagues used to give us a giant candy basket every year (frango mints).  we would return it to marshall field's and have lunch together in the cafe using the store credit -- it was a LOT of frango.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I was in the office, I very much enjoyed the platter of cookies, brownies, fudge and nuts a bank sent over every year.  The platter was the size of the 6 person kitchen table.

Maybe I'll pay the office a visit in a week....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kuus, YES.

I get one from the nurse every year. Love it.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My boss always gave me trail bologna.  Mmmmmmm I'll miss that. 

I wonder if DH's gifts will fall off this year since he has a boss now.  Last year we got some darn good stuff.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my favorite gifts are the oversized chocolates - like the gigantic Kiss or gigantic Hershey's Bar.  Mmmm chocolate.  I could do without the stupid gift basket of fancy crackers and coffees.  Gimme the tasty stuff!
    imageimage
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    They give us a Visa gift card here.  I can't complain about that.  I think last year mine was $100 or $150 or something like that.

At the first job I had out of school, they gave us a caramel apple every Halloween, and a turkey every Thanksgiving.  Had I not worked there, I would probably still be intimidated by roasting a whole turkey.  I learned out of necessity.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    One time someone gave me a basket with teas and booze-based jellies (like champagne jelly, etc).  That was sooo good.  I don't think I ever bothered to put those jellies on crackers - I just grabbed a spoon and ate.
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked for a real estate company that did asset management for a Dutch Holding Company and every year the law firm that provided services for our company provided a fantastic catered lunch for the entire office.  I really enjoyed that.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am getting petri-dish soap I believe this year.
    I am thrilled :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards