Wedding Woes
Options

The newest MIL dumb

They haven't listed gMIL's house with a realtor because someone has shown interest and they don't want to waste money on a realtor.  (nevermind that they can write into the contract that they are already in negotiations with a specific person).  So instead of paying a realtor they've paid for an inspection and an appraisal.  Two things the BUYER pays for and they'll still have to pay for a lawyer. 
DH just shakes his head.  The dummy won't listen to us or anyone else.

Re: The newest MIL dumb

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

#Winning!

And if the interested buyers got them to pay for the inspection and appraisal, imagine how they'll screw them in other ways. 

Realtors, like lawyers and accountants, are worth every penny.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    huh. well, good luck to them with that.

we tried doing the for-sale-by-owner thing (for maybe a month or two) and it was a nightmare. never again.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I'm sure the bank will still require an appraisal from their approved list so that's a complete waste for everyone.  I'm sure BIL is helping them with this idiotic stuff.

• Options
    LaurenbizLaurenbiz member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_the-newest-mil-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a751f08c-c0f6-4cc9-a17a-22136e78eddbPost:9a1e739e-e3db-4df9-8aa2-fbb534fb272a">Re: The newest MIL dumb</a>:
    [QUOTE] Realtors, like lawyers and accountants, are worth every penny.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]
     YES.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_the-newest-mil-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:a751f08c-c0f6-4cc9-a17a-22136e78eddbPost:9a1e739e-e3db-4df9-8aa2-fbb534fb272a">Re: The newest MIL dumb</a>:
    [QUOTE]  #Winning! And if the interested buyers got them to pay for the inspection and appraisal, imagine how they'll screw them in other ways.  <strong>Realtors, like lawyers and accountants, are worth every penny.
    </strong>Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

And movers.
  • Options
    Realtors, lawyers, accountants, movers, YES!  Pay them and let them do their jobs! 

I remember laying in the back of a cargo van when we (my mom who can't lift more than 20lbs since having breast cancer, my 80 y/o grandma and my sister who wited until we got there to start packing so that I did all the carrying) moved my sister home from college for the last time, cradling my wrist (I have tendonitis in both) and nursing my back.  My mom came out to see what was taking me so long with the last load, and I looked her in the eye the best I could from my prone position and explained to her that we were now OFFICIALLY people who hire movers.

Dare I mention that I moved myself back and forth when I was in college in my Honda CRX?  I had to learn to only have what I could move and carry in a few very tiny car loads.  But I'm not bitter...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards