Wedding Woes

Celebrity Cruises Canceled My Wedding

I just have to vent.  We booked a Celebrity cruise wedding in October 2010 for December 2011.  Our guests had already booked 25 cabins, and we expected to book about 25 more cabins.

Celebrity chartered the ship out to someone else and kicked us off the ship.  No warning, no apology.  They have not acknowledged in any way that what they did is inconvenient and embarrassing and rude.  We had to email 150+ guests and tell them "Oops, someone else came along and paid Celebrity more money, so they kicked us off."  Crazy. 

So now I'm left planning a second wedding (I planned this one before I started my high-stress job).  And Celebrity has offered absolutely nothing in the way of compensation -- I mean if you were going to kick an entire wedding party (and a big one at that) off your cruise ship, wouldn't you at least offer the bride and groom a honeymoon cruise?  Or something?  I'm shocked at how they've handled this entire situation.

Moral:  If you're considering a wedding cruise -- do NOT book on Celebrity.  They can't even be bothered with a simply apology (I have talked to four representatives -- not one has said "sorry we canceled your wedding") when they cancel your wedding.

Re: Celebrity Cruises Canceled My Wedding

• MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked your contract? Read it over, get informed about your rights, then contact them.
  • saypennysaypenny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's was Celebrity's Millenium ship -- sail date 12/8/11.  My travel agent is also shocked.  She said exactly what you just said -- "I've never heard of this."  It doesn't even seem possible -- but this is exactly what they've done. 
  • saypennysaypenny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand what you're saying.  The problem is that we already had 50 guests who had taken that time off of work and who had booked that cruise.  And about 30-50 more were planning on that time.  So it's not like we were just eloping and could "oh well" change our date.  We would have to coordinate with 100 people to pick a new time.  Not simple. 

And again, I go back to the fact that Celebrity in no way has apologized for this or acknowledged the inconvenience.  They have handled the situation unbelievably poorly. 
  • edited December 2011
    You can't cash an appology. I don't know why you are so hung up on that. For them, it is a business and money, not your feelings.
  • KalaGrant2012KalaGrant2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i booked with celebrity months ago and i certainly hope this doesnt happen to me. im sure if you review your contract it will say something along the lines of you having more rights than that miss lady. review it and take it straight to the top, youll get your cruise, and a drink package if your lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards