Wedding Woes

Oy!

I was watching TV the other night and a commercial for Pregnant in Heels came on. They showed a clip of one of the moms saying that she is anit-vaccination b/c, "Who do you know that actually has polio?"  Smdh.

::Edited rogue apostrophe::

Re: Oy!

• Wow.  Logic dodged that one.
  • Hee. I saw that too.
  • Please, Dear 6-lb, 8-oz Baby Jesus, let science education in this country improve. I am begging. 
  • the amish, for one.

this is totally unrelated, but one time i saw this movie on sci fi -- oh, excuse me, "sy fy" (that is the ashtylynne of networks, yo) -- and it was called "kaw."  it was about a bunch of crows who caught mad cow disease, went nuts and then were terrorizing a town.  so the sheriff, played by sean patrick flannery before he wrecked his face, was trying to figure out what happened, and he tracked down these amish farmers (who drove cars and wore clothing with buttons and zippers, so way to do your research there, siefie) and it turns out that their cows were the ones that went mad (with mad cow).  so yes, the amish were villains in this movie.

but anyhoo, you should vaccinate.

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    huh.
    I actually DO know people who have had polio and "m going to echo Bacon'smom's prayer.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Add me to the "people who know people with polio" list.

And I have to wonder if she's only not vaccinating against polio, or if she's also never known anyone with measles, mumps, rubella, diptheria, pertussis, hepatitis, tetanus, chicken pox, the flu, or any of the other vaccine-preventable diseases.

• WzzWzz member
    well,  then.
  • This is relevant here (it is a couple of years old though):

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blogs/bill-nye-bood-in-texas-for.  I seriously kept looking for "The Onion" headline when I read this.  If it is The Onion, someone tell me so I can feel better about people.

I also like it when Bill O'Reilly says, "The tide goes in, the tide goes out, we don't know why".  And the atheist is all confuzzled looking and asks him what he's talking about, it's the moon that makes the tides.  He refrains from pointing out that Bill O'Reilly is NOT smarter than a 5th grader, b/c I'm pretty sure I knew that by that time.
  • People like her are why Whooping Cough is making a come back.
  • My adult co-worker ended up with whooping cough because he caught it from his kid who caught it from her fancy private school classmates.  When your pre-school costs more than state college, your child should not be coming home with whooping cough.  Idiots.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    My brother had whooping cough last year.  He's guessing it was from the undervaccinated and not the choosing to be vaccinated.  The undervaccinated is a whole different subset that does have the means or access to vaccinations.  They are part of the reason it's important for others to get vaccinated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards