Wedding Woes
Options

Randoms

I love looking at multi-million dollar home listings online. My current obsession is Monterey/Big Sur, since we were there for the weekend. I'll take 3 f these, please: http://www.npmhomes.com/listings/fullmls.cfm

Herbert is getting more independent. She used to follow me around the house and whine if we were separated by more than a room. Now when I'm upstairs she goes downstairs, and vice versa. I just caught her in my closet, admiring my shoes as one would a grand buffet.

East coasters have no concept of west coast geography. People are always telling me they're going to be in [insert LA area city/town here] and we should meet for drinks. My brother just did it.

add your own.

Re: Randoms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My H talks in his sleep like crazy. He's currently obsessed with surfing and/or moving to the bay area so last nights conversations went like this:

"WHY did you take them?!"
    me: "take what?"
    H :" The books. You took them all to San Francisco!"
    me: "What books?"
    H: "why are you talking to me? I'm sleeping"

A few minutes later he jumped out of bed and said:
    "There! Do you see those fins?! There's the head, there's the teeth and there's the football!"
    He was standing at the window pointing at the shadows the trees were making. It was pretty funny. Apparently he was dreaming a shark was eating a football.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let the damn shark eat the ball.  Who needs it anyway?

I had a dream that I was telekinetic last night.  I have these dreams often.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    It is exhausting have a big baby. Seriously. I am tired from carrying around an 18 pound beast. I don't know if this is a poor reflection on my state of health or if I'm just lazy.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. The one thing I like about summer in SoFL is the lack of traffic. Tons of people are away on vacation, and the snowbastards are up north. As soon as school starts, all hell breaks loose. Conditions deteriorate further come November and the snowbastards arrive.

2. I don't want to go to this wedding in NY this weekend, but I was looking forward to seeing my parents. We'll have to wait and see what Hurricane Earl decides to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's interesting, CW, because I want you guys to move to the bay area too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have cameras on the interstate going through town.  Though I do appreciate that there are less accidents, people CAN go faster than 55.  It's so annoying and the constant...brake light thing...you aren't supposed to break on a freeway.  IDIOTS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My skin is dry as hell. I have to moisturize with Aquaphor and baby oil. I feel like the Gulf Coast.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i made three pounds of meatballs.  they are delicious.  dh has not yet expressed interest in them, which is starting to irritate me. 

i have the worst leg cramps ever.  i have woken up with a charley horse every night this week.

i am going home and baking myself a cake, either chocolate or vanilla.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't that horribly fascinating, hmo?

Waking up and you're tippy toed in bed but only with one foot.  And then the pain is so intense you want to punch something.

And yet, I still find it interesting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Parking has been attrocious this week and last week. I hate it.

It would be really cool to go home and make a wedding album on shutterfly, but I doubt that I will do that. I'm lazy.

I'm waiting on a call from one of my doctors that should have been recieved by now. Boo.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm obsessed with looking at real estate listings, too, and not just million dollar listings.  I dream of moving to a certain place and then immediately look at real estate listings in that area before I look at job listings. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I do that, too, zsa-zsa.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

because we're in an apt, i can't scream in pain.  otherwise, the perfectly nice marine who lives next door will probably think that dh beats me or something untoward like that.

real estate listings are both awesome and horrible.  dh and i got super depressed over them -- a 1 br condo here is a 5 br house in il or mi.  we would buy a house in cash in wi with the $ from a down payment here in va.

i do enjoy google satellite maps.  i didn't know my parents' neighbor had a pool!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm always on the lookout for a new house.  Though H has poo pooed that thought and assured me that we WILL pay off our current house.  WAHHHH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmo - If you google maps my address, you can see the bitchin' camero that is sitting on my neighbor's lawn. Also, they took the photos on trash day, so the street is lined with garbage cans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_randoms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b0d7ecd9-dd1a-480f-b8ef-bbe70f08b333Post:93710abf-eda9-4fe1-9506-fa1edb33ad8e">Re: Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's interesting, CW, because I want you guys to move to the bay area too!
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]
    by the time we get there you'll be moving back across the country! We've only been in our house for a year and 5 months...and I don't think we'll be able to sell it anytime soon. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yesterday one of the coworkers made a cake, and she did it right---because she's had classes recreationally, etc.  So the cake was made from scratch.

One lady who is ~35-40 was all, "I've never made a cake from scratch". 

I'm sorry, but I judge that.  It's so much cheaper to bake from scratch AND you know EXACTLY what is in it.  DUH.

::huge eyeroll::
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hadn't ever baked a cake from scratch until I recently. (However, it should be noted, I do not eat cake).

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see no need to make cakes from scratch when the boxed ones come out so good. I rarely make cake though.

Our timeline for moving back home keeps getting longer and longer. I'm beginning to think we're here for good. I have mixed feelings about that.

When you have a charley horse, pull your toes toward your knee as hard as you can. The idea of it is awful when you're hurting that much, but it stretches the muscle and the pain stops immediately.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_randoms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b0d7ecd9-dd1a-480f-b8ef-bbe70f08b333Post:a490e27a-8a53-4b20-89ff-6a46a8bb702c">Re: Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randoms : by the time we get there you'll be moving back across the country! We've only been in our house for a year and 5 months...and I don't think we'll be able to sell it anytime soon. :(
    Posted by Cant_wait![/QUOTE]

Especially since you have methy neighbors.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_randoms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b0d7ecd9-dd1a-480f-b8ef-bbe70f08b333Post:5b78f100-2a65-4097-8129-5c5154ddd60e">Re: Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randoms : Especially since you have methy neighbors.  :)
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]
    Not anymore! They got evicted (though they ignored that and squatted for awhile) The case finally went to court a month and a halfish ago, and the homeowner asked my H to go as a witness. The homeowner won, methy went back to jail, and we got a ton of corn and melons from the homeowners garden as a thank you :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Europeans have not concept of West Coast geography either. H's cousin visited from Portugual and didn't understand why she could sleep in until noon then drive to Yosemite to see the sites then come back north and tour the bay area that evening. "But you have all these highways?!" She said.

When I first brought Son home I wondered, "what the hell did I get myself into?"

Dr. cleared me for bcbc. I'm not ready for it. I'm deathy afraid of becming IDKIWP. OB asked if I was using BC. I told him we used NFP. He was very nonjudgemental, but warned that BFing makes charting a little tricky. THen he actually recommended pulling out. Besides the fact that it defeats to purpose of NFP,I was Undecided that he actually recommended it and gave me statistics. 70% effective rate.

I've have a couple meltdowns over the past few weeks. H felt compelled to call my mother to house because I was a crying mess and he was away at work. Meltdowns were mostly related to BFing. It's been tough. I can't keep up with my little porker. OB made me feel better when he said today, "It's okay (to supplement). Just BF first so he can get the antibodies and stuff, and bottlefeed so he can get the nutrition." I felt like a weight had been lifted. I've been so hung up on being able to BF alone and feeling like I've failed because I couldn't.

I did wake up screaming becuase of leg cramps a couple times. H slept through it. Sometimes stretching would trigger a leg cramp. THat was tortuous in itself. I love stretching.

If you google my house you can see the c0ck fighting ring the previous owners had set up. You'll also see the rows of rooster pens and dog kennels.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_randoms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b0d7ecd9-dd1a-480f-b8ef-bbe70f08b333Post:4c7b87da-d718-4973-8d27-1fc8479c70f2">Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]East coasters have no concept of west coast geography. People are always telling me they're going to be in [insert LA area city/town here] and we should meet for drinks. My brother just did it. add your own.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

<div>Because states out here are retardedly huge, yo. I mean, I grew up in a place where you could drive six hours and be IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. Now I drive six hours, I might not even be in another state! It's ludicrous! Why would you make states so big?! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards