Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Destination wedding for immediate family

Any ideas for a destination wedding for immediate family in warmsunny place where we could have an informal beach wedding?  Family coming from East coast and west so would prefer Caribbean or Bermuda.  If you've done this, who helped you plan?

Re: Destination wedding for immediate family

• kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Haven't done it for myself, but I went to a friend's wedding in Jamaica. We stayed at the Sunset Jamaica Grande (all inclusive) and liked it a lot. They have a gazebo where they were married, but can probably do right on the beach as well. We loved it, but it was also back in 2005. I know Sandals has some wedding packages. I am pretty sure any resort that is all inclusive will have some kind of wedding package, and since meals are included anyway you wouldn't have to pay per person for the dinner. That is what I am assuming anyway. I don't believe we had a full meal after the ceremony (it was in the afternoon) but we did gather at tables and they cut the cake, said toasts, etc. And in the evening we just all gathered for the regular nightly entertainment and the dj did special shout outs for the bride and groom but nothing private.
    Oh yeah, and we booked the trip through Liberty Travel. We (like most guests) only went for 4 nights, but then the B&G stayed for a week after that by themselves. It was an enjoyable trip! I would recommend going to a travel agent, even if you don't book with them they will help you get ideas and give you a book full of resorts to look into.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey girl!! Check out bestdestinationwedding.com. It's a forum for destination wedding brides : I got married in Riviera Maya, Mexico Playacar Palace and absolutely adored it and then came back home and a big reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards