Wedding Woes

that neighbor i hate (and his little dog, too)

i think i've mentioned that our neighbor, beardo mcjeggings, has a dog. 

y'all.  I HATE THIS DOG.

it's a barker.  it barks whenever you walk past the door, and sometimes it has an equally horrible dog friend so it's crazy loud manic barking whenever you walk past.  sadly, baby mo really really likes dogs and always says "puppy!" and wants to hang out and listen to the barking but i drag him away.  one time we ran into beardo in the hallway with the dog, baby mo waved hi to the dog, the dog lunged and beardo gripped the leash tight and pinned the dog to the wall with his bejegginged leg.  btw, the dog is medium sized and beardo was struggling; beardo needs to hit the gym and the protein shakes.

anyhoo, i have no idea wtf beardo does during the day, but the days that i have off, the dog is there all day.  no walker, no nothing.  i don't know if beardo is there, but the dog goes off on a barking jag every once in a while.

so last night at 10:30, the dog starts barking.  and barking.  and barking.  we're trying to sleep because it's a school night, and the dog won't shut up.

the neighbors on the other side, below and above are all pounding on the walls, floors, and ceiling.  i can hear his chain coming off the door and it unlocking and him talking to someone.  i distinctly hear yelling "SHUT UP THE DOG" and more wall pounding.  dh is asleep, and i'm just awake listening to this whole mess.

i was very excited to tell dh all about it.  he missed out on the whole thing, just like he missed out on the night that beardo had a bunch of friends over and they had a acoustic guitar singalong to "flagpole sitta."

Re: that neighbor i hate (and his little dog, too)

• I hate that dog, too.

Also, bejegginged is my new favoritest word ever.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any chance you have beardo's phone number or can look it up in the phonebook? I know some people train their dogs to stop barking by making the phone ring to distract them; you could just call and hang up when the dog barks. If beardo answers, just tell him exactly what you're doing. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work as well for singalongs.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i tried calling him at 703.SCRAGGO, and he just won't pick up.

• That dog is bored and needs exercise. He needs daycare.

Jake would love to play with Baby Mo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards