Wedding Woes

Has anyone made it all the way through Hyperbole & 1/2 yet?

I'm making my way through, slowly but surely. This has me doubled over. The bolded part, in particular.

Who came up with the idea that wearing tight denim was a good idea?  And why do we keep reaffirming this person's mistaken notion?

Unless you work on a farm or in an auto-repair shop (or you are Brett Favre) you probably have no reason to wear jeans.

Let's think about this: We, as consumers, have the option of buying pants made out of stretchy cotton and elastic, but instead we choose to wear pants made out of a thick, movement-restricting fabric with totally useless little brass buttons sewn on the butt (go ahead - check the ass of your jeans - there are pointless buttons on the corners of all the pockets).  And they have to be buttoned shut with a giant button that really hurts when you are dry humping (I'm pretty sure that all of you know exactly what I'm talking about since I'm pretty sure we've all been teenagers at some point).  And they have to be closed with a zipper and held up with a belt because obviously no one has invented a material that can be used to make a stretchy waistband yet. And there is always that one tiny pocket inside the main pocket.

What am I supposed to use that pocket for?

One, it is too tiny to really hold real objects and two, it is inside another pocket!!!  Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?  Why wouldn't I just put my objects in the bigger pocket?  Oh, I remember - because the bigger pocket can't really accommodate real objects either!!!

I put my cell phone in the front pocket of my jeans one time and I got a bruise on my pelvis because I got all excited about something and started sprinting (because that's what I do when I'm excited) but I forgot I had a cell phone crammed into the pocket of my jeans and I lifted my thigh too fast which jammed the cell phone into my pelvis.  Is that something that should happen in a world where there are robotic vacuum cleaners??  No.  It is not.

And don't start lecturing me about "oh I love my jeans! They are so comfortable! I've had them for so many years it's almost like they are sweatpants..." because you know what? They will never be as comfortable as sweatpants.  Even still, I will probably get hate mail about this one because, for some reason, people are really fucking attached to the concept of jeans and I am sorry I said f*ck again please don't send me hate mail about that either.

Does anyone else feel like I need a job?

Re: Has anyone made it all the way through Hyperbole & 1/2 yet?

• edited December 2011
    I can't read her whole thing until after Finals, because it is too damn funny. I laugh so much I get tired and lose track of why I was on my computer in the first place.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, I start reading and then I look up and 6 hours have gone by.
  • edited December 2011
    I read her whole blog. I totally have a crush on her. Did you read today's post?

Her "I'm Not Dead" post had me roaring.
  • awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a bruise on my pelvis because I got all excited about something and started sprinting (because that's what I do when I'm excited)
    DED.

Where is this? Do you care to share the link?
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've been going through bit-by-bit. she's hilarious. 

i started reading today after o-face's post about not poking the bear. the bear reference reminded me of the bear cartoons in the blog.
    edited December 2011
    www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

TT, I cried and cried over the Definitely not Dead post. I seriously have never laughed that hard in my life. H thought something disasterous had happened because tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't talk.
  • edited December 2011
    the "Do I look pretty" panel just killed me DED.
  • edited December 2011
    duckis, I cried at that entry too. The part where she was laying on the floor looking at the poop poop poop grafitti had me in tears at my desk (again).
    I added her on facebook like a creepy stalker. She got a dog on Monday which is why she hadn't posted in awhile.
  • edited December 2011
    i added Spagatti Nadal as a friend.
    edited December 2011
    It was "providing a urine sample is a veritable quest" that got me. I still laugh just thinking about it.
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate wearing sweatpants...
    Married 10/2/10
  • edited December 2011
    I love her blog, too. I read it through to the beginning, and what's sad is that a lot of her earlier stuff doesn't have her drawings, which IMO are one of the funniest parts to her blog. She's still friggin' hilarious, though.

I love her post about how she reacts to spiders and the one about zombies being in the forecast.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards