Wedding Woes

Do you get pedicures in the winter? nft

Re: Do you get pedicures in the winter? nft

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no.  my hooves stay covered all wnter, except for exposure to my horrified husband.
  • edited December 2011
    no. I don't even do mine own toenails in the winter. They're always covered, even at home.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok. I don't either. I clip the nails and slather on some ol' school Vaseline and that's it until March. Glad I'm not alone.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting one tomorrow.  I can no longer reach my toes to take care of them.  And my feet are dried out and cracked.  I cannot wait. 

I've asked for GC's to my favorite spa for my birthday so I can get more pedicures.  I think I'm going to start getting them 2x per month until DefConn gets here.
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, hmo.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Not at frequently, but I love getting pedicures.  My last one was in early November and I almost went back last week but then I got a cut on my little toe and I don't like to take the risk of going with open wounds on my feet.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I rarely get them period.  I will get one in ~6 wks though.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.  I don't get pedicures ever.  Not by others.  I do my own feet.  But if I did, I wouldnt' do it in the winter.  No one sees my feet.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    I've had two pedicures in my entire LIFE, so no, I don't get them in the winter.  :)

I do have a GC I'm planning to use for a pedicure before this baby gets here, but I've got some more time to wait.
  • +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually get them every 2/3 weeks year round but with being off and not getting paid I didn't think I should just be spending whatever on frivolous stuff for myself. Besides, with 2 kids it's harder to schedule that. I took Ethan with me once when I was out on maternity leave. He slept the whole time.

I am getting one this weekend though. I need it really badly.
    imageimage
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    i was getting a pedicure when you posted this question. i wear sandals/open toed shoes until the temp hits the low 40s on a regular basis. i'm always barefoot at home. with living in a warmer climate now, i'll probably go more often. i was going every 2-3 weeks when i was pg because the massage portion really helped with sore legs
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I try to go once/month all year.  I think that 1) someone needs to be looking at my feet.  I've seen too many old people with some nasty toes and heels.  And it's relaxing and me time, plus it makes me feel good. 
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cankles (which always cover my toes) freeze in place in the winter, so no.

But seriously, no - I have never had a pedicure. That isn't to say I don't take care of them (they're turqoise right now) but I get freaked out at the idea of strangers touching my feet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards