Wedding Woes
Options

Sunburn 2 days before.

I took my kids to the playground today and got a sunburn on my neck and shoulders.  Of course I have a big white stripe in between from my tank top.  It is 2 days before my wedding!!  It hurts and I don`t have anything for it.  Anyone know what will help or how to make the white part not stand out so much

Re: Sunburn 2 days before.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your bag.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    body make-up

or

this jacket:
    www.thefashionpolice.net/images/2008/09/09/ugly_jacket_2.jpg" alt="" />

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    spray tan? You might blister and peel though and that would be even grosser. Like leopard print.

Just use lots and lots of aloe and cross your fingers that the red tames down. Or go to try sunburn your white stripe to match?
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. Hot shower, tylenol to reduce the swelling, and aloe.

Some body makeup will help fill in the stripe. Or self tanner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aloe, lots of it

If you are having a makeup artist she should be able to cover up that stripe.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Yikes. <strong>Hot shower</strong>, tylenol to reduce the swelling, and aloe. Some body makeup will help fill in the stripe. Or self tanner.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

loveshine, for reals.  i know i've been riding you all day, but i'm starting to think you might seriously be carrann.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get airbrushed tanned! See how you look tomorrow and if its not super red anymore the airbrushing should cover everything.

GL and congratulations!
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pale so I have a lot of practice with this.

You're going to think I'm crazy, so google if you don't believe me.

baking soda and vinegar, equal parts, mixed together (it will fizz and die down making a thin paste) and apply to the burn, let it dry, rinse in cool water, repeat. It should take the red out as well as help with any peeling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, yes I'm carrann's AE.

And I'm still very upset about MeMo.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHITE vinegar. Don't be using balsamic or something. That will stain your skin.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    op -- it's a cold shower, not a hot shower.  a hot shower will further inflame the skin, whereas the cold shower will help with the pain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's right. The 'hot' was a typo.

The insides of the actual aloe vera plant is the best thing if you can find it. If you can't, the aloe vera gel and put it in the fridge for a while to chill it. It will feel nice and cool on your skin.

You need to let the heat off your skin, so wear cotton, breathable clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    put noxema on it... like the stuff you use on your face.... let it sit until its hard then rinse and repeat.. sounds kinda crazy but I swear thats what they tell minor burn and sunburnt people who go to ER to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sunburn-2-days-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:cafd7dc0-1c7e-4cc0-9815-195f08629dd4Post:11f40874-5a31-440a-97bb-26375010751a">Re: Sunburn 2 days before.</a>:
    [QUOTE]op -- it's a cold shower, not a hot shower.  a hot shower will further inflame the skin, whereas the cold shower will help with the pain.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I have to jump in!

It's actually neither. You don't want to take a hot shower because that will aggravate the skin, where as a cold shower can be too much shock for your skin (super cold water against super hot skin. Yikes!). You want to lake a lukewarm shower (a bath is even better because the water wont be beating down on you). A little more on the warmer side then colder side, just what you can stand personally. The warm water actually helps PULL the heat out of your body.

Put lots of aloe on and keep covered so that you don't get any more exposure to the sun on those parts of your body. And then I'd say after 2 days if it looks ok...spray tan or makeup. They do WONDERS. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're lucky it's only 2 days and not a week, when you're more likely to be peeling.  In 2 days, the burn is likely to go down, and if you can pay to have a professional spray tan, it will be blended nicely.  It should probably cost about $50, depending on where you are geographically.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards