Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hotel Blocks

Hey ladies! I haven't posted here in awhile, but I'm getting back into planning, so you may see me around a bit more. I'm hoping to start working on getting a hotel block worked out for the wedding. Both the ceremony and the reception are in the city. The reception is at Tendenza, so we'd like a hotel that's not very far from there. We won't be providing a shuttle, so the closer the better. What hotel did you use for your block and if you don't mind sharing, what was the price? I'd like one where we don't have to guarentee a number of rooms booked because I really have no idea. Thanks!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Blocks

• we're using Hampton Inn, it just works well for our group. We were going to use a B&B but they only have room for 2 children (they don't let them in the main building) not sure what they are supposed to do for food but... so we opted for another option. We had a choice between Hampton and Holiday Inn Express, but HI is in the middle of doing construction and we did not want our guests to have to deal w/that. It was supposed to be finished a month before the wedding but w/construction things are rarely on time.
  • I contacted a bunch of hotels when doing our search.  The Shearaton society hill gave us the best price ($139/night) but the lady was a little pushy and that turned me off.  The Omni was $159 I think...and the new Kimpton- Hotel Monoco- (right across from the Omni) was $169.  For all of those hotels, you aren't esponsible for the rooms as long as you only held what was considered their "courtasy block" (normally about 15 rooms.  You can add more as they fill up though (and still aren't responsible).  

We ended up going with the Westin and Hotel Palomar on 17th, but that might be a little far for you....  Oh, and definitely negotiate!  We were able to talk the price down a bit....  
  • Hey angel!  Our room block is with Loews.  We're also January so the room rates are awesome.  I'm not sure if our limit is higher because our wedding is there -- but we have up to 50 room nights before we are responsible for anything.  Omni and Holiday Inn are closer to Tendenza, but we were getting really great rates from Le Meridien for January.  (All of these hotels are north-ish of CC, so if your guests would be cabbing, which I would assume they would in January, at least it would be a little cheaper than getting stuck going through the city.)

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having my wedding at Cescaphe 10/19/13 and here are some prices I got-
    Hyatt Penns Landing - $189
    Sheraton Society Hill- $189
    La Meridian- $229
    4 Points 12 and race- $159

I am also limited because apparantly there is a big convention that weekend which reserved over 6,000 rooms throughout the city
  • I am a future Tendenza bride and so far the prices I have received are 

Sheraton Society HIll-$169
    Hyatt Penns Landing-$179
    Courtyard Marriott-$129
    Best Western-$179
    Loew's-$179

• I am a future Tendenza bride and so far the prices I have received are 

Sheraton Society HIll-$169
    Hyatt Penns Landing-$179
    Courtyard Marriott-$129
    Best Western-$179
    Loew's-$179

• When we went back to block rooms found out most of the hotel was going to be blocked for a kids hockey tournament! needless to say we wanted to avoid the insanity of hundreds of ten yr olds running the halls, so had to look elsewhere, just a heads up to brides, be sure to ASK i the hotel is anticipating a block for a reoccuring kids event, at least if it makes any difference to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards