Wedding Woes

I think it's pretty official in my life that stress doesn't cause migraines

so much as 'change of stress level' causes migraines.

The week of my *big event* @ work every year, I don't get migraines...I get them when the stress lets off, the week after.

I started getting one on our way back from ugent Care on sunday and yesterday it really sucked (I'm sure Buffy screaming for 3 hours may ahve contributed, but I didn't get one while in the adrenaline rush, running around.  I got it once the stress lifted)

Maybe I need to get myself into a state of perpetual stress...:-P

Re: I think it's pretty official in my life that stress doesn't cause migraines

• positive stress can cause migraines....so maybe the stress relief is causing part of it.
  • That's what I'm thinking.

I mean, negative stress sometimes triggers them, but if I'm in a 'high stress' phase for 2 weeks or a month or whatever, it's once it's better and I relax that I hurt.

I wonder if there's something preventative I can do?
    I started drinking caffine as soon as my fingers started going numb (that's one of my 'warning' auras) yesterday, but that didn't help.
  • I don't know....but mine are gone and I am SO SO SO HAPPY about that. Today was my GYN appt and she asked if I wanted to use the ring or something to regulate my periods and I almost punched her in the face. Going off BCP preceeded the migraines going away....I'm never taking BC again. I'll deal with wonky periods, I don't care. Migraines....I'll fcking kill you.
  • That is why I threaten to stab anyone who says I should wean Buffy.

I mean, i want to--I'm kinda done w/ BFing, but...I will do it for another year or 2 if it keeps the migraines...well, not gone, but better.

I'm glad yours are improved--because they suck big fat goats.
  • Having experienced migraines has given me a whole new perspective. And when people are all like..."Oh, I have a migraine" but they are up and walking aorund I want to kill them. Liars!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_think-its-pretty-official-life-stress-doesnt-cause-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:d22214a8-6f78-4e93-8e15-1b41c4119aeaPost:bc9c85d0-9732-49cb-b6b7-532b45fcce12">Re: I think it's pretty official in my life that stress doesn't cause migraines</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having experienced migraines has given me a whole new perspective. And when people are all like..."Oh, I have a migraine" but they are up and walking aorund I want to kill them. Liars!
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah--I have 'mild' migraines but there's a difference between a headache and "I'm curled up on the bathroom floor, in the dark, trying to breathe quietyly"</div><div>
    </div><div>The Mr. gets grilled every time he tells a doctor he has a migraine because they assume he has headaches that he pretends are migraines.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've gotten a new appreciation for 'spoons' theory too--It's not always applicable, but I've learned to appreciate the good days and to not over-exert myself (so...if Church on Sunday is my 10th thing to do over the weekend, I'll skip it--I'll be fine on Sunday, but doing more than 8 things in a weekend = migraine later in the week because I"m spread t thin)</div>
  • I told my eye dr I used to get migraines and she said "Let's see if we can get you seeing better so you don't have headaches anymore." I said "MIGRAINES. Not headaches. And they had nothing to do with my vision."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards