Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I am still mad at NY&CO for not sending my stuff to me from my order on black Friday, they said it was out of stock.... but I think right now it is all in stock again, so I might order the necklaces, even though I should boycott them. They have free shipping and the necklaces are buy one get one 75% off. So, it is not half off but i will take it. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am SO tired of freezing my ass off here at work.  Its bad enough I work in a tiny, windowless officle....but they have to freeze us out too?  I'm sitting here with two sweaters, a scarf and gloves on.  Yesterday I didn't even take off my jacket until 3pm.  Seriously??? 

Today is my boss' last day before maternity leave.  Cara's Reign of Terror begins 9am on Monday!!

I confess I want to be a hermit all weekend long and not do anything or talk to anyone (besides DH).  I can't wait.

I confess I started weight watchers at the stupidest time ever.  I don'tt hink I'm going to go to the meeting tomorrow because I am almost positive I gained weight.  However, I am starting fresh tomorrow.  Luckily next week there aren't a million holiday parties and I won't have my pd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>Today is my boss' last day before maternity leave.  Cara's Reign of Terror begins 9am on Monday!!<<

I think I just heard a crash of thunder and lighting in the background ;-)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I stopped buying clothing at NY and Co years go because they fall apart or look like crap after you wear it 3 times.  Spend a little bit more and it will last long and you will look better.  

I made a New Years resolution about 4-5 years ago to only buy natural fibers, it's made a huge difference to my wardrobe and over all appearance.  

• a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear roomie,

I really love you but stinking up the house with the smell of onions at 6 AM is just not working for me. My clothes are smelly and now I'm sitting at my desk in a tshirt because my cardigan and scarf smell like sh!t.

Love,
    Me
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:7c052d18-f7c7-4860-aeac-7cee69fef479">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear roomie, I really love you but stinking up the house with the smell of onions at 6 AM is just not working for me. My clothes are smelly and now I'm sitting at my desk in a tshirt because my cardigan and scarf smell like sh!t. Love, Me
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

<div>Who makes onions at 6am?  I can barely get out of bed and make toast.  Weird.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really have any issues with NY&CO but I am buying necklaces, so I can't wash them and have them get messed up haha.

• amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I confess I ate like crap this week.  I need to get back on track because I'm going out to lunch a lot within the next few weeks because of vendors coming in town. 

Vent:
    I'm so sick of traffic.  There were so many accidents on my way home from work.  I wish I didn't have to take the schuylkill to work everyday.  It makes me want to find a job in the suburbs or back in Pittsburgh.

I also confess that facebook makes me miss home like crazy.  My SIL puts pictures of my 2 nieces and a nephew and it just makes me sad that I'm not there.  Every time I talked to my 4 year old nieces she asks if I'm coming to visit or if she can come here.  I just miss my friends and family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:1f95da4a-f8d8-46aa-9ec2-87660ff32ed4">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter : Who makes onions at 6am?  I can barely get out of bed and make toast.  Weird.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

His sleeping pattern is so off. He basically sleeps all day and then stays up all night. Sometimes he just stays up for days haha. He's a strange man. Multiple times a week I get up and he's in the kitchen cooking. Usually it doesn't bother me but I woke up an hour early  because it smelled all the way upstairs in our bedroom.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

AW: I said I would lose 5 lbs before my engagement session on the 18th. Well I got on the scale last night and I'm down 6 ;-) BOOYA.

• amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:63c9324a-1fe3-4ec6-a2fb-dd090ee868c8">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW: I said I would lose 5 lbs before my engagement session on the 18th. Well I got on the scale last night and I'm down 6 ;-) BOOYA.
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  That's great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I am a GIANT IDIOT... this is a Wednesday post, not a Friday post. but who cares?!
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to really confess...aside from what I mentioned in the morning post - that I don't want to be here, and have zero motivation.

But I will say Ny&Co is awesome - at least in the last 2 years I've been wearing it. Most of my work wardrobe is from there and I've washed it all a lot and with zero problems. So maybe they upped the anity on their fabrics/construction.

Cara- Amer may have heard thunder, etc. I heard ""Dum dum dummmmmm"

A.Lemma - AWESOME! You go girl!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i confess i havent been to the gym in a while.  i also confess that i dont care. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leebee08leebee08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I confess that I am surprised B2B didn’t start out her post with something crappy to say about the girl she nannies, but then saw that she already posted about her in the Morning post. I get it, she is a “terror”, she screams, but she is also two years old. Give her a break. You’re always talking about her crappy dad all over the boards, but you aren’t exactly the model nanny sticking her upstairs because “the screeching has begun”.

As a mom I can only imagine what A’s mom/dad would do if she saw your posts.  Not only do you sh!t talk her husband, but you bitch about that child constantly. And I also get it, everyone has their moments of bitching about their job on these boards, but most everyone is working with adults who can be held accountable for their actions…you watch a two year old. How you have so much time to be the moderator of these boards, post as much as you do, and give the child the attention she most likely needs is beyond me.

Also, there are tons of lurkers on the boards.. What if someone saw one of your many  posts and what you said about the family and told them. I mean, you posted a freakin link to the photo session of the little girl. If anyone wasn’t sure of who you were talking about before..now they know.

• amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:6135cba3-86af-491d-b0bd-39df83654e09">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am surprised B2B didn’t start out her post with something crappy to say about the girl she nannies, but then saw that she already posted about her in the Morning post. I get it, she is a “terror”, she screams, but she is also two years old . Give her a break. You’re always talking about her crappy dad all over the boards, but you aren’t exactly the model nanny sticking her upstairs because “the screeching has begun”. As a mom I can only imagine what A’s mom/dad would do if she saw your posts.   Not only do you sh!t talk her husband, but you bitch about that child constantly. And I also get it, everyone has their moments of bitching about their job on these boards, but most everyone is working with adults who can be held accountable for their actions…you watch a two year old. How you have so much time to be the moderator of these boards, post as much as you do, and give the child the attention she most likely needs is beyond me. Also, there are tons of lurkers on the boards.. <strong>What if someone saw one of your many   posts and what you said about the family and told them.</strong>I mean, you posted a freakin link to the photo session of the little girl. If anyone wasn’t sure of who you were talking about before..now they know.
    Posted by leebee08[/QUOTE]

How is this any different than the post people put complaining about work?  I myself and I know many other people put on here several times that they don't plan on doing anything, they hate their boss, etc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I love the girl I nanny for. Like she was my own kid. I can't help that I am not the only one watching her. I try my best to discipline her but yes she is 2 but she is really making me nuts lately. I confess I want to take her and keep her for myself haha :)  She is actually right next to me, I just read her a book, and we are watching sesame street. She is singing me the alphabet.  And nothing I say on here is any different that I might say to her mom.  I love love love the mom, she is actually a great friend of mine, I talk to her about anything. I actually miss her, I really can't wait to see her when she comes home from work today.

First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you don't like what people are writing then find a different board to read.

• edited December 2011
    Jackie--me neither.  Gzilla and I said that we were going to go 3x a week from now until the wedding.  We did that for 2 weeks, and then one or the other has been sick, and we've been waking up at 8am instead of 6am, so no gym.  I do feel a bit guilty though... because I like exercising (I know, I'm weird) and I'm really doing it for Gzilla...but I don't want to pressure him.  It needs to be his decision to exercise. Maybe I should start pushing a little.  Since I know that he WANTS to do it, and he likes the way he feels.

He has a bit of a belly, which doesn't bother me at all... except that it's giving him a lot of back problems.  Over a summer, we went to a Phillies game, and we always park in the NovaCare lot and walk up to CBP.  He had to stop 3 times.  I didn't think we were going to make it to our seats.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I LOLed at Cara's post.... I'm a meany strict HR person so I would love to be "manager" for some time.

I also LOLed at LeeBee for being one of those over-sensitive people.  Maybe she missed all the posts where B2B says she loves the little girl, hugs her, takes her for play dates, etc.  I don't see anything wrong with putting a 2yr old in her room to calm down.

I confess that I just agreed to take on MORE work in my dept, but I don't care bacause I plan to diligently pursue a new job after the new year.  Joke's on them.

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Amy - thats why i said "And I also get it, everyone has their moments of bitching about their job on these boards, but most everyone is working with adults who can be held accountable for their actions"
    I would not put my boss on the same playingfield as a two year old child.

and B2B - you would openly bitch about her husband to her face?

• amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Lee- Then why can't she complain about her boss?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

a.lemma – thanks for that. It was my confession/vent. I obviously know I don’t have to read her posts. I am just saying it is always predictable.

And I’m glad you laughed MH, but would it be as funny if it was your daughter? Or your husband she was talking about? And I would say the complaining posts far outweigh the good ones. Yeah I might seem sensitive, but I dont think out of line. And I am certainly not the only one.

• edited December 2011
    If someone said my husband was lazy for not feeding his own kid, or dressing her, or paying attention to her... then I would be pissed at my husband not my friend/nanny/whomever.  I would find that annoying too! 

can`t see the forest for the trees
    Definition: overly concerned with detail; not understanding the whole situation

Explanation: Used when expressing that a person is focusing too much on specific problems and is missing the point

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>and B2B - you would openly bitch about her husband to her face? <<

Ok, so I'm not the kind of person who usually gets involved in this stuff, but I do need to say this:

B2B is the kind of person who tells you to your face what she's thinking.  I have no doubt in my mind that at some point she has [politely] told her boss that she thinks the husband is a little bit of a d-bag. 

Ok... back to lurking on this conversation.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay your right Amy, she can complain about the parents. But when/if you complain about your boss, do you post alink to the pictures of their children? My point is anyone could easily figure out who they are based on it. And as a parent I would be angry. But hey, if B2B bitches like that to the mom and says all the stuff she says here to her, she wouldnt care.
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I dislike people who are overly judgemental. I see it everywhere. From the church group who plan to protest at Elizabeth Edwards funeral, to work situations, to the general populace. Open your mind, or worry about yourself.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH - and when said nanny is busy moderating/posting on the boards while said child is upstairs screaming, thats not paying attention to her either? AND shes getting paid to do it...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:72670b55-06a1-4d55-bea9-e265d5598808">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay your right <font color="#ff0000"><strong>Amy</strong></font>, she can complain about the parents. But when/if you complain about your boss, do you post alink to the pictures of their children? My point is anyone could easily figure out who they are based on it. And as a parent I would be angry. But hey, if B2B bitches like that to the mom and says all the stuff she says here to her, she wouldnt care.

Ahem is anyone else noticing this?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:34bf2185-e0e1-4012-8f84-fd5926ce8f9d">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH - and when said nanny is busy moderating/posting on the boards while said child is upstairs screaming, thats not paying attention to her either? AND shes getting paid to do it...

So while the kid is screaming in her room, B2B is supposed to attentively sit in the hallway and twiddle her thumbs?  I don't see how typing on a laptop distracts her ears from hearing the kid screaming/or stop screaming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards