Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

AW, vent, confess, open letter

Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter

• a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:65578ee8-fd5e-4ba9-acc3-d2e16c510519">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE] />>To any/all of you.. can you honestly say you would not be angry if you came across your nanny's posts that said stuff like hers? And i'm not talking just todays posts..there have been a ton of others. << I think this is B2B's problem.  Not really yours. <strong> I confess I think you might be a regular poster hiding behind another screen name.  If you are- that's cool.  You do what you gotta do.
    </strong>Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, but I am pretty sure that they are "staying connected" through the pics/video on facebook, not the knot. Facebook is one thing because there are different privacy settings and you can control who looks at your pictures. Posting them on The Knot leaves the pictures open to any nut who stumbles onto the site.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • leebee08leebee08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is exactly what i mean JIY.

& Amer and a.lemma, I am def not a regular poster. just a lurker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Who the heck is Leebee?   Clearly it's someone else in disguise.  First post ever to post about this B2B situation?   My other thought is it's not someone from here, but someone she knows in real life/possibly even someone related to the babysitting job.  

2.  I personally have questioned the degree to which B2B posts about A online, but if she says the parents are okay with it - that's different.  If they didn't know, I would have a problem with this too.   As I personally would not want any info about my kid on the internet by someone other than myself.  But I think this is between her and the parents of the kid - and she's the only one who can know the answer to what they are and are not okay with.  

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm being lazy tomorrow... and I'm not making anything for my family Christmas party.  We're supposed to bring appetizers.  I'm calling Seasons Pizza and bringing an order of wings.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I confess that I just got tickets to the BSB and the NKOTB concert in June. hahaha :)

• edited December 2011
    I am going to say no more about anything related to my job or anything.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooodsie - yeah i have been lurking on the knot for years. first when i was a BM, and now as a bride, but i mean i have read most of the posts etc. and no i dont know B2B in real life and no i dont know the family, but my point is ANYONE can be reading this and they do know who they are, and they could tell the parents.
    and you're right its between her/the parents/the kid really gets no say...but i just cant imagine any mom being okay with it. i'm obviously in the minority, but i had reached my "point" and wanted to say something.
  • edited December 2011
    Last comment about B2B and kid, I'm sure the parents gave permission for the photog to blog her, and saw the PUBLIC blog.  So I don't see the harm to be honest.  $hit, I found someone from my HS in S. Jersey on Sarah Schulte's blog!
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I find it ironic how people can really rail against someone over the internet, via a computer..and more than likely aren't the types who have the gumption to confront anyone face to face (which is more than likely not the source of their real problem).

This is actually coming from a blog I love- someone wrote a horribly, nasty post to the woman who runs it and is faboosh.   I thought wow, some peeps have no problem hiding behind their computer screen and judging away- and they clearly don't follow her blog!

Just sayin'..... seemed appropriate :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:1684c4de-855f-4b0a-8d93-e43ddbd50f76">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I just got tickets to the BSB and the NKOTB concert in June. hahaha :)
    Posted by Northstar1808[/QUOTE]
    My MoH got tix for her, me and her cousin, as a pre-wedding relaxation event lol!  Can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH - If you found a photo of the boss you bitched about, would you post it here? so that anyone who *possibly* knows them could see too?

I actually look at Sharyns photo-blog, but its not like i would have put it together that it was who B2B watches if she hadn't posted it here.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cmrpsu - did you want me to find her telephone number and call her instead? its not like i have met/know her in real life. and you dont know me, but that womans paragraph would not apply. i would most certainly say something to her face if i knew her IRL. But seeing as i dont, my only avenue is over the computer.
  • edited December 2011
    Hold the phone.  Northstar... I didn't think those tickets were on sale yet!  How did you get them???
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I would post a pic of my coworker who I b!tch about.  For sure!  I don't hide that I have a problem with her.

I confess that I'm really in the wrong "specialty" of my field.

AW - My parent albums are getting delivered today.  I hope I like them!
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I've been waiting for a big throwdown at a GTG since I got on TK 2 years ago.  So, what's the plan for next Sunday?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:dbfea18f-7e0c-46a2-8d78-cef991b71792">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I've been waiting for a big throwdown at a GTG since I got on TK 2 years ago.  So, what's the plan for next Sunday?
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I thought the G2G's were the 11th and the 16th? Which one is next sunday?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    I thought there was one in KOP on the 19th?  Did that get bumped?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:d2a95db8-e1fe-4a2d-99d5-e3e2f369c6ea">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter : I thought the G2G's were the 11th and the 16th? Which one is next sunday?
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

It's the 16th and the 19th
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, I know I can't make the one on the 16th, but I didn't put together that there is also one one the 19th! Since we're moving this weekend, I should be able to make that.

At that point, I'll be the one drinking in the corner!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hil - no, it was just me getting my dates mixed up. I really thought the KOP one was on the 11th - but i am wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:9ff4a2d1-d45b-42d6-8454-f0bf3e9422c8">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE] At that point, I'll be the one drinking in the corner!
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

I will be right there with ya. :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:3cb8f21b-2f40-4bf4-9ab6-8c77ff61f6c2">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil - no, it was just me getting my dates mixed up. I really thought the KOP one was on the 11th - but i am wrong.
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

You mean the knot and GTGs are not the most important thing in your life?   I can see how it can be confusing... I only remembered it because my ILs will be in town the day before.
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:8e2c5217-b21d-4666-9a6a-6eca16894dde">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]cmrpsu - did you want me to find her telephone number and call her instead? its not like i have met/know her in real life. and you dont know me, but that womans paragraph would not apply. i would most certainly say something to her face if i knew her IRL. But seeing as i dont, my only avenue is over the computer.
    Posted by leebee08[/QUOTE]

This is where you can Private Message her. It works as an email that only you and she can see. Which if you've been a lurker, you don't understand at first (I know b/c I started as a lurker when I was a BM too and only got the hang of things after a couple of weeks posting).

I think everyone is missing the issue of being polite on the boards. We can all agree to disagree, share our opinions, etc. But the point is to just try to act like ladies on here, be supportive, be kind, and express our opinons however different they may be in a most positive way, or a private way instead of causing drama. Remeber not too long ago when Michael Vick came up. Everyone politely expressed or kept their feelings to themselves and because of that, it was drama free. So if possible, lets all act accordingly and make sure that we treat everyone here with the same respect we would want.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TCT - Like I said, I have been a lurker for years...so even though I dont post, i have a good handle on the knot . I have PM'd people and follow some of the other boards too. And you're right, I probably should have PMd her this morning, but I kinda just went with the open letter/vent.
    I disagree that because I am a lady, i have to be nice and supportive and kind. If I disagree with something, I dont mind saying it, even if it is unpopular. It would be one thing if i was a constant sh!t starter, but this is the one thing i have said, literally. And everyone had their differing opinion, stated them, and that was fine too.
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:4749ba39-5134-4195-a099-37fc0a2acaa1"><u><font color="#0000ff">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</font></u></a>:
    [QUOTE]TCT - <strong>Like I said, I have been a lurker for years...</strong>so even though I dont post, i have a good handle on the knot .
    Posted by leebee08[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is a regular poster.  You keep saying you have been lurking for years, but you only joined on 10/25/2010.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree that you have a right to an opinion, but there is a difference between sharing that differing opinion and openly bashing someone for their actions - which is not becomming on any gender - is that semantically sound enough for you?

And if you've shared a PM in the less than two months you've been here, wonderful, please consider doing it next time you wish to vent/confess or open letter to a fellow poster - it will be less embarrassing for them and yourself. Aside from that, I welcome anything you might be willing to post. Again differing opinions and disagreements are welcome. It's just the manner in which it is done, that makes it appropriate, and IMO the way you did it early was not appropriate.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW: My hair piece came in the mail today!! I can't wait to go home and see it :-)

Here's the link:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/59575084/capri-deep-purple-peacock-bridal-flower
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-vent-confess-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0ec3d27a-3d5e-486c-acba-4caee2f6bcd2Post:8ba05a63-8d34-4dee-9df3-af8ae5e97694">Re: AW, vent, confess, open letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW: My hair piece came in the mail today!! I can't wait to go home and see it :-) Here's the link: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/59575084/capri-deep-purple-peacock-bridal-flower" rel='nofollow'>http://www.etsy.com/listing/59575084/capri-deep-purple-peacock-bridal-flower</a>
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

That's beautiful.  I hope you love it in person.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    cmrp - where areyou guys sitting?? I'm in sec 103 row 12.

RA - today was the presale for AmEx card holders and even then there were many good seats left. I got on like 5 minutes after it went on sale and all the floor seats are gone. Tomorrow is when it's open to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards