Wedding Woes

How do I word this?

My half-sister just wrote me an email questioning why I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid this time around. I'm having a hard time wording my answer, and I'm hoping that you ladies can help.

My reasons:
1. This may sound lame, but I am trying not to 'repeat' as much as I can from my first wedding.
2. We are honestly not that close. I'm 11 years older than she is, we grew up in different houses, and I only talk to her about three or four times a year.

I have asked her to be a reader (way before this email), trying to avoid hurting her feelings. I suppose it didn't work.

Any thoughts on how to tell her why? Also, is she being a little rude asking me this?

Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How do I word this?

• edited December 2011

Are you not having any bridesmaids? Just call her(no email) and tell her that you don't want any bridesmaids this time around.

• zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto calling her rather than e-mailing her.  Explain that you never intended to hurt her feelings, but that you still want her to be a part of the ceremony and that is why you asked her to be a reader. 

And yes, she is being rude.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    she needs to GTFOH.  call her and explain your reasons, but i wouldn't use the excuse about not wanting to repeat your 1st wedding.  that is a lame reason.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    My only contribution is that I keep reading her s/n as "mistress2be."
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_word-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:eb9c88a7-1ce3-476f-885d-606977ffca21Post:25812018-c021-4a95-a625-6110c382edab">Re: How do I word this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only contribution is that I keep reading her s/n as "mistress2be."
    Posted by Heffalump[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's responses, and if you ARE, and she's just not one of them, explain that you love her, and you've made your decision but you would be honored to have her do the reading you already asked her to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would just ignore it. She's being rude: why respond to rudeness? Pretend you never got the email, and if she has a lick of sense, she'll drop it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards