Wedding Woes

Here's some political controversy

Re: Here's some political controversy

• baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, because THAT'S why AZ schools suck ass. 
  • E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Next, gender studies will be targeted as emphasizing female superiority or some schit.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    So...is Arizona now the Arkansas of the west or something?  Because I'm starting to feel like the ILs would fit right in.

::cue banjos::
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn mormons. 
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The new bill would make it illegal for a school district to teach any courses that promote the overthrow of the U.S. government, promote resentment of a particular race or class of people, are designed primarily for students of a particular ethnic group or "advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals."

What the what? I would love to see what they consider "promoting the overthrow of the US government."
  • edited December 2011
    TD, clearly they think that AZ schools are terrorist boot camps or hot beds for the Black Panthers or the Aryan Nations.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So the government doesn't want to pay for kids to be taught that they should overthrow them.  Shocker!
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So basically, no history?
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_heres-political-controversy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f6930aaf-b632-48f4-8f6a-b25692ca150aPost:002533a4-249b-49b4-b119-f735cbe707fd">Re: Here's some political controversy</a>:
    [QUOTE]So...is Arizona now the Arkansas of the west or something?  Because I'm starting to feel like the ILs would fit right in. ::cue banjos::
    Posted by Heffalump[/QUOTE]

<div>NOW the Arkansas of the West? This is not new. Not even a little bit.</div><div>
    </div><div>I had reasons for hating it all those years, yo. </div>
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I like living here for a lot of reasons, but DH and I are actively looking into private schools here. My baby may have a mullet now, but he is not WT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards