Wedding Woes

Missing Car Key (d'oh!)

Yesterday I had a flat-ish tire in the morning, so I took it to get patched and had my tires rotated at the same time.

They pull my vehicle out, and I get in and drive away.

I only realize once I get back to work that they never handed me the key.  The key is a proximity key in that it will start with the key in the vehicle as well as open if you're closer than 30" or something. 

So I get home after work and start tearing the car apart, between seats, under seats, glove box, visors, console...everything.  Then I call the shop and they're apologetic but say it must've fallen between the seats.

H comes out...does the same thing...look and look.  And then it's "for some weird reason maybe they put it in the engine compartment!?!?!".  He stands up to go pull the lever and notices...the key fob is on the windshield.  Tucked out of the way...nice.  We laugh a little, amazed it didn't fly off in the 2 times I drove since the appointment...on the interstate no less.

I call the shop, they say "with keyless, we do that, so it doesn't get locked in the vehicle". Okay, that's weird, because that has NEVER happened before.  They again were apologetic, but WTF would've happened if it flew off?  I would've been stranded with one less fob. 

*smh*

Re: Missing Car Key (d'oh!)

• If they ALWAYS do that, why didn't he say something WHEN YOU CALLED THE FIRST TIME?
  • If they ALWAYS do that, why didn't he say something WHEN YOU CALLED THE FIRST TIME?
  • That was my question, taw.  And I honestly go there about 4-6 times a year, and this has NEVER happened.  I'll still go there...but come on!
  • So I read your whole thing, and was all IT WAS IN THE IGNITION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IT! 

Yeah. Obviously, we do not have keyless cars. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards