Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Venue help for a friend

Trying to help someone brainstorm. She's looking for a venue in the burbs (but not too far from CC) -- something with nice scenery. Needs to fit 175 people. My impression is that money is not much of an issue, as she was originally planning her wedding at the Warwick.She really like the Manor House at Commonwealth, but they're booked for the date she wants. She already looked at Cairnwood and Aldie.Any suggestions?

Re: Venue help for a friend

• dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just went to a wedding at Talamore that was really nice.
  • Butterlies126Butterlies126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about GlennFord Mansion. Beautiful inside and out!
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • danalynnrddanalynnrd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glen Foerd won't fit 175.  They max out at around 150.  Although it is beautiful, inside and out!!  I was married there on June 13 and couldn't have been happier with the service, etc.   
  • edited December 2011
    It may be a little too far from CC - but the John James Audubon Center.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • larrysdarlinglarrysdarling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phoenixville Foundry?Confession: I know nothing about this place but my cousin is planning a very large wedding there next year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Merion?  I didn't look at any places too close to the city - just throwing a name out there that I know.
  • krissy609krissy609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about the Merion, but when my CW's daughter looked there, she wanted to have an outdoor area for pictures. They apparently have a nice garden area, but it is right next to Rt. 130 (i think?) so doesn't make for the nicest ambiance to have cars flying by.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Normandy Farms or the Villanova Conference Center maybe??
  • larrysdarlinglarrysdarling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live not too far away from The Merion. They have the space for that size crowd and the inside is nice. However, up to 4 weddings can go on a the same time. Also, there is not a good area for outside pictures. Unless you'd like to go across the street to the cemetery. Which, unbelievably, some people do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about my venue, Pen Ryn Mansion.. they can hold that many
  • edited December 2011
    Villanova conference center is beautiful outside but they are no longer scheduling ceremonies there.  Only receptions.  Not sure if she wanted everything in one place.
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at Talamore and they can accomodate up to like 400 think.  My guest list is hovering around 200 right now though, it the space is set up so that it won't feel too open or empty if it's a smaller group. They also have indoor and outdoor ceremony space.
  • edited December 2011
    If money isn't an issue and she wants nice scenery, the Lake House Inn is absolutely beautiful.  You are right on Lake Nockamixon and views are simply to die for.  It is a little far from the city, but worth a look.  Included in the rental fee are 10 guest rooms and a champagne brunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards