Wedding Woes
Options

Random Dr. WW

Since it's crazy slow.

I was working at the computer last night after the boys were in bed when I started tasting blood in my mouth. Sure enough, my gums had spontaneously started bleeding in one spot.

I wasn't eating or drinking anything, nor had I done anything more orally strenuous than standard teeth-brushing maybe an hour before. Just sitting there typing and started bleeding. I went to the dentist last month, so, while I might need to floss or something, it's not like there's a year's worth of crap buried in there.

And, while it's not gushing or anything, it's still bleeding a little bit.

I will call the dentist if it doesn't stop, but WTF?

Re: Random Dr. WW

• Options
    You must have cut it on something earlier and it just started bleeding.   I'm sure it will heal quickly enough - I wouldn't waste time or money going to a dentist, personally.

And, I must add, you've had a lot worse things going on that you wouldn't see a doctor for - so this is odd.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_random-dr-ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fd54bec5-f469-459a-8cc5-3f4d0593e070Post:254802f7-0a43-4145-b45e-1dc817398a73">Re: Random Dr. WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, I must add, you've had a lot worse things going on that you wouldn't see a doctor for - so this is odd.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

?? Like what?

I think bleeding that won't stop is worthy of some investigation (assuming it doesn't. And I'll give it a few days). Please to be recalling that stupid foot thing that required 2 dermatologist visits, a scrape test, a biopsy, and at-home stitch removal. THAT was a dumb thing to go to the doctor for, as it turned out.

ETA: I also just spent $100 on 4 chiropractor visits to treat a hamstring injury, too. I feel like I'm always at the freakin doctor.

• Options
    It was 1-2 years ago - you had a few problems but wouldn't go to the doctor because it was too far away, or the wait was too long, or some other excuse and you were just amazed that all of us had doctors that we could get into quickly.   I can't remember the particulars.  I'm sure someone remembers or knows how to find it.  (ahem ...hmo..)
    Anyhow - it doesn't sound like blood is gushing out and it's only been occuring since last night - so I wouldn't even be considering seeing a medical professional at this point if it were me.
  • Options

gargle with some saline. you probably have a minor cut ot two and talking/chewing/ect. just irritated your mouth and caused it to bleed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards