Wedding Woes
Options

I would like a study done, please

I get lots of e-mails from my employer encouraging me to quit smoking and lose weight because a healthy office is a productive office. 

But I would like to see a study on the costs to the workplace and the healthcare system by people like me (fat, but never sick) and the stick thin sickly women who work in my office and don't go a week without taking a sick day and are at their doctors' offices every damn month demanind antibiotics for their sniffles.  And if they aren't sick, their kids are sick.

It is getting out of control around here.  There are a few people who don't even desrve a salary because they are here so infrequently.  And you know who is covering for them? The fatties and the smokers and the infertiles.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I would like a study done, please

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think children are the little germ mongers that bring sickness home.  How about doing a study of women with children vs. childfree women?  It might go further than "fat" vs "skinny".
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It might be more productive still to take action to reduce workplace stress, overwork, and insufficient sleep.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_would-like-study-done-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:fdeb33bd-85f9-492e-aa0d-7276335b2d5aPost:36a30897-9129-40c4-8a22-c01d542122ea">Re: I would like a study done, please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think children are the little germ mongers that bring sickness home.  How about doing a study of women with children vs. childfree women?  It might go further than "fat" vs "skinny".
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

Amen.  DH and I have been sick more since DD was born than we were for years beforehand.  And she's not even sick much relative to other kids!  I'm thinking of keeping her in one of those bubble boy bubbles.

Other germy kids -- /> my kid --> me --> DH

I have a related post, but I will post it separately.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Some of the fatties and the smokers have children and they aren't sick all the time.  I'm not actually suggesting that being fat protects you from illness.  I'm just tired of being told that I am raising healthcare costs and hurting office productivity based on my weight when that is absolutely not true.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and one of the sickly people has no children.  Can I hate on her if I'm not allowed to hate on mothers?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh, I see zsa, and I agree.  I think there are compounding risk factors, but one alone, and targeting just THAT, is silly.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Body fat actually does, to a certain extent, protect you from illness.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really want a study (albeit not of your office, obviously) I can dig one up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards