Wedding Reception Forum

No program, using acknowlegement sign

Our wedding and reception are outside. We are not using a program, but rather a sign at the welcome table at the reception where the guest book is also located. This sign will list the names of the pastor, wedding party, wedding coordinator, ushers, etc. My FI & I have different opinions about who else should be included. My unique invitations were custom made by my daughter's new business. I wanted to include that. Now he is lsting the florist, the photographer, etc. I really don't have a problem including these, but the printer thinks we are screwy. Your thoughts please.

Re: No program, using acknowlegement sign

• I'm with your printer.  People who list their vendors do so as advertising in exchange for goods and services or a price cut.  It will make you look cheap to list any of them.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Thank you GoodLuck Bear. I had not thought of that and we are not getting any price cuts.
  • Sorrrybut I'm with the printer. Advertisements at weddings are tacky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's one thing to thank your daughter for the work she did on your invitations, but it's another thing to list every single vendor who did anything for your wedding.  You are already paying them for their services, they don't need any other acknowledgement.
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_no-program-using-acknowlegement-sign?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:01ea64ae-e75e-4887-a285-7c85ec271254Post:bfcc0e54-70f0-49ad-aef3-a60d2ad70a80">No program, using acknowlegement sign</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding and reception are outside. We are not using a program, but rather a sign at the welcome table at the reception where the guest book is also located. This sign will list the names of the pastor, wedding party, wedding coordinator, ushers, etc. My FI & I have different opinions about who else should be included. My unique invitations were custom made by my daughter's new business. I wanted to include that. Now he is lsting the florist, the photographer, etc. I really don't have a problem including these, but the printer thinks we are screwy. Your thoughts please.
    Posted by lanoart[/QUOTE]

if anyone actually cares who you used for a photographer they wil ask you. there is NO REASON to list your vendors on the sign. the wedding coordinator is NOT part of the wedding or party-they're a hired employee. what the list should include are you, him, parents, grandparents, BMs, GMs, flower girl, ring bearer and officiant. that's it. anything else-to me-would really just look stupid.
    i had my invites custom designed for me as well-well, i told the designer what i wanted and she did it. it took months. i didn't put the  name of the designer or printer etc....

• I agree with everyone else.  Don't list any of your vendors, including your daughter.
  • Honestly, I probably wouldn't list your coordinator either.  Just the officiant and the wedding party.
  • I was going to say that, too, about the coordinator.  No need to list her.  Programs usually include the wedding party, officiant, parents and grandparents, readers, etc. but not vendors.  You can include a special thanks to your daughter, but don't mention that she did the invitations.
  • afeliz79afeliz79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I actually think the idea of a sign (do you mean a banner? Or maybe an 8x10 in a frame.) sounds kind of weird too. It's ok not to have a program or a sign. A banner would remind me of a fundraising event listing it's sponsors even without the vendors. A framed 8x10 on paper that matches your wedding stationary would be better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK . I'm convinced. Thanks to all for the input. It is an 8 x 10, not a banner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards