Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Advice - banquet hall colour theme

Hi allI'm having abit of a headache here over the colour theme of the banquet hall. Just some background, over here in Singapore, weddings are usually a banquet-affair (sit down dinners held at hotels) hence we don't really call them reception in a way! Due to , shall i say, existing colours of the hall, am facing some constraints over the colour theme. Hope you gals can give some ideas :)I was hoping to have a vibrant yellow theme, set against pure white. However the hall has:- dark brownish curtains- walls are somewhere golden in colour- carpets are also in golden-ish tone with green leaf-like motifsDo you think the yellow theme can still work? I was wondering if i should just work with yellow/orange (forget about the white) and create a warm ambience instead.Any thoughts on this?Thanks in advance!!

Re: Advice - banquet hall colour theme

• Options
    Your wedding doesn't have to match your venue.  I honestly couldn't even tell you what color the walls or carpet were in our banquet hall.  People won't notice that stuff but they will look at your table linens, centerpieces, flowers, and attire.  Focus on those and create the look you want.  Forget about the color of the carpet and curtains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea what the wall colors or carpet colors or window treatments were at either of my childrens' weddings. Ditto Dani: focus on your tables and CP's and it will be fine. Reality check for you: what were the colors of the walls, curtains or carpets at the last 6 weddings you attended. You probably don't remember. That's because it really only matter to brides planning their own weddings who have been convinced by wedding magazines, tv shows, and websites that everything has to coordinate or the wedding will somehow be lacking.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Go ahead with the white and yellow. Against the browns and golds, the white will brighten it up. If you add much orange, it will end up looking like fall/halloween. And put all your focus on decorating the tables with those colors. It will draw the eye to the tables, and away from the background of the venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards