Wedding Reception Forum

Looking for the perfect first dance song!!

Hi everyone!I'm searching for the perfect first dance song. I don't want the typical wedding dance song that you hear at almost every wedding. Sadly I can't find it for the life of me! I want it to be nice and slow but upbeat... I'm looking for a song that is modern, by an alternative artist of today (ex. Anberlin). The song that my fiance and I have as "our song" is called White Lines and Red Stripes by Between the Trees but I think it may be too fast for a first dance song. But maybe that'll help give some ideas of what I'm looking for :)Thanks!!

Re: Looking for the perfect first dance song!!

• I THINK our first dance song will be Come Away With Me by Nora Jones.  We originally were going to use Just Like a Star by Corrine Bailey Rae but after listening more closely to the words we changed our minds.  I hear you on having a hard time choosing!  I listened to the song you listed and it is a little fast but if you like it, go for it!
  • magnetic fields?
  • If you like country...Best Friend by Tim McGraw or You Had Me at Hello by Kenny Chesney.  Kenny Chesney has a lot of wonderful love songs.
  • How about "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional.  There are two versions of it--a slower one and one that is still 'slow' but is a little bit faster so it's still good. "Lucky" by Jason Mraz (ft. Colbie Callait) "Built to Last" by Melee--they are an indie band that hasn't really blown up yet, but they are SO good :) "Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson   FI and I are dancing to "Then" by Brad Paisley, which is a very good country song, but it's a little bit slower.
  • We're using "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis but we're using a cover by The Eels.  Very modern.  And short.
  • We also didn't want the typical slow dance so we are going with Better Together by Jack Johnson a little more upbeat.
  • We're dancing to "You're My Best Friend" by Queen.  It's not your typical first dance song, and Freddie Mercury is freakin awesome (may he rest in peace).  Both of us love Queen, so it fits for us. 
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • We used "Everything" by Michael Buble.  It's classic, but with a good tempo.  Danced a foxtrot to it, if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards