Wedding Reception Forum
Options

BP Entrances

Looking for suggestions...

My Bridal Party will each be entering to their own songs - everyone wants to be fun and crazy, but NO ONE can think of a song...the wedding is in May, I have got to get a list to the DJ!!! 

Please suggest some songs, so I can make a list to get their minds going!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BP Entrances

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Each person gets their own song? I'm sorry, but that sounds like way overkill. If they can't come up with their own song, I'd skip it.
  • Options
    libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Please rethink this.  Each WP member does not need his or her own song, especially if no one can even think of one.  This is going to take forever (even if you don't play the whole song), and 90 percent of your guests will be bored. I would have them all enter to the same song.

Edit: Spelling
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Are you sure the bridal party all want to do it...not that YOU want them to do it?

Seems to me if I truly wanted to do a fun entrance as a bridal party member, you'd bet I'd have a song in mind and a dance/gimmick/whatever.

Otherwise, just do a "DJs choice" of whatever songs they want to play. None of the guests truly care about the BP or their "crazy" entrances.

• Options
    I was at a wedding recently where this was done.  Only one of the bridesmaids actually seemed to enjoy herself as she came in and danced for 30-45 seconds in the middle of the room.  The rest of them seemed kind of miserable.  In fact, the bride and groom didn't even dance for their entire snippet of a song; they just walked in, he twirled her, and they sat down.  As guests, we didn't really care who the bridal party was, we were there for the couple.
  • Options
    Wow!!! Holy Negativity...sorry I asked!!!  I was looking for song suggestions, NOT everyones opinion of my Bridal Parties decisions to be fun.  It would be each pair walking in to a snippit of a song...this was THEIR idea, not MINE...if they want to do it, I would enjoy it.  Further more, I discussed it with the DJ, he said in whole, the entrance that way would take the same approximate 5 minutes it would take to intro them all to the same song.

Thank You to those who responded to my ACTUAL question.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Tonight's gonna be a good night" is a pretty popular one that goes over well.

All BP members should come into the same song. I agree, it will be too crazy if they don't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried Googling "fun, upbeat songs"? That's what I would need to do to come up with any.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'd use just one song for everyone, but you might use something like Celebration (Kool & The Gang) or various Beatle songs.
  • Options
    I personally have never heard of this idea before and I think it'd be fun! unique and I think the guests would like to hear different songs rather than a whole song playing. It'd keep me interested, not bored. Does your DJ have any suggestions?? Is your bridal party a younger or older crowd? that might make a difference in the generation of music they choose. Of course classics are good either way though. Anyway, good luck! And i'm sure it'll turn out great! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards