Wedding Reception Forum

Unique Food Stations Ideas?

Hello,
We're doing food stations as the meal - no sit down dinner.
Any ideas for some really fun food stations? Mashed potato martinis, mac n cheese bar, etc. Thanks!

Re: Unique Food Stations Ideas?

• We're thinking of doing stations, too! I'm considering playing off of the idea of Spanish tapas, or 'small plates', where entire meals are composed of appetizers or heavy hors d'oeuvres. 

We're hoping to incorporate food that relates to our families and heritages. For instance, I'm from Pittsburgh, so we're thinking a Pittsburgh station would include perogies and other Pittsburgh food. He's from Kentucky, so one station might be more southern food. He LOVES Mexican food, so we might have a Mexican themed station as well.  

The thing I love about stations is that it allows people to move around, and you're not sitting there waiting for course after course. I hope your planning goes well! 
  • We did a potato martini bar and it was one of my favorite things at the wedding. 
  • Our venue has a choice of stations.  they are:
    Carving Station- salmon wellington, pork loin, ham, turkey, beef
    Pasta Station- pasta with garlic sauce, alfredo sauce, vodka sauce
    Fajita Station- chicken and beef fajitas
    smashed potato bar - white and sweet potatoes with toppings
    Risotto Station
    Taste of takeout - sewwt and sour chicken, pork fried rice, lo mein, beef and brocolli served in mini takeout boxes.
    Gormet Skewer Fountain - skewered meats with different sauces
    New York Deli Station - pastrami and corned beef with rye bread and pickles
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •     We are doing food stations, and I am so excited!  We are having a mexican station, with chicken burritos, guac, 7 layer dip, etc.  A Chick Fil-A station, with nuggets, chicken salad sandwiches, and mini baked potatos ( this station was a request from FH) and a Gulf Coast station, since I am from lower Alabama, with shrimp gumbo, crab salad, and what not.  They don't flow together, but I am ok with that, because at the end of the night, we have something for everyone!  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards