Wedding Reception Forum

Need opinion on flowers please...

So I need some options here as we just met with 2 florists this weekend and are picking one.

My dress is ivory, the girls are in pewter w/primrose accent and the MOH will be in black w/primrose accent.

Originally I picked for my bouquet stargazer lilies w/lgt pink roses (all roses will have a stone in the middle and the base will be wrapped with the rhinestone stuff. The girls will have light pink lilies w/white roses and the center rose will have a stone. Or do you think them having white lilies with pink roses.

Now looking at the bouquet picks for mine, I am uncertain as I want a contrast for the roses to "pop" with the stargazers. Some pics I have seen neither white or pink roses pop with them as it depends on how pink the stargazers are. I know red roses always pop with those.

I want the girls to have the same but opposite of me.

Stargazers are my favorite flower so they must remain, but do you think if I have red roses and the girls would have either pink or white would that look dumb?

Re: Need opinion on flowers please...

• edited January 2012
    Stargazers are very pretty. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I think whichever bouquet style you choose, based on what you've said, it will be very pretty! I don't think it would look dumb. It's hard for flowers not to be pretty! You could probably tell your florist your concerns and ideas, usually they have some suggestions? I've never been to one myself.

P.S. I just googled some images "stargazer lily with red roses" and there are some really nice pictures !

• I think the addition of red roses would not look good in the mix of colors that you have already listed. 

I recommend that the bride have pink roses and stargazers and the bridesmaids have white roses with stargazers. 
  • Orange roses really pop with them...but I'm not sure how great orange will look with the pink you are describing. Yellow might not be too terrible with the pink. What about yellow gerber daisies?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards