Wedding Reception Forum

Reception center pieces

I need help finding uniqe but classy Centerpieces. My colors are silver and blue and its a Snowflake winter wonderland theme. I want to do something with lots of bling and glitter (its my fav!) I've searched the web and asked other brides and it seams to b the same kind of dull and routine cenetpieces. Im in desperate need! Thanks!

Re: Reception center pieces

• adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Well first of all, if you find a picture of something online and replicate that, it's not unique.  Please learn to remove that word from your vocabulary.

Have you seen birch branches, or other white painted branches? Find several vases, they don't have to all be the same.  Fill them with beans you have painted silver and blue.  Do a batch of beans painted silver and a batch painted blue.  Mix them in the vases.  Stick the white branches down in the beans and have them standing up like a tree. If you find some pretty sparkly beads you like, you can string them on some thin fishing line and hang them from the branches, or even from the ceiling- depending on ceiling height.  When you string them, don't do a long string with tons of beads, just do a few. 
    --------0--------------------0-------------------0-----------------------0
    Something like that. 

I think these can look pretty without being too over the top.  IDK when your wedding is, so I can't tell you to wait til Fall to check stores for Christmas decor, but this will help.

Just remember, there's a fine line between classy and "theme that looks like prom/child's birthday party".  Don't get too overboard.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • My friend went and found branches in her front yard and put glue on them and then diped them in little bead things. Let me look and see if I can find them!
  • So they were beads not glitter? how did that hold up? so they are like medium thickness? I was already leaning towards doing the branch thing but I like the bean idea painting them diffrent colors. My moms friend also said doing rock salt and painting it with glitter and put it in the vases so it looks like snow, but wouldn't that eat through the glass? thanks for your input!
  • Not glitter. It was bigger than glitter. Kinda like small rocks that are clear. They held up well because we did them about a month before the wedding and she traveled acrossed the state with them and from car to car. They had lights under them. SO pretty!
  • I want to do little led lights on top of whatever I decide to put in the vase so that it shines off the branches as well im glad to hear it looked really good! Hopefully mine turn out that way! haha
  • We are doing the standard three vase centerpiece filled with teal colored water and a floating candle...simple; but then we're also hanging a "mobile"/paper chandelier (lack of a better word) above the tables to give the room a little extra color and fill up the space and give the tables a little different look than just candles/flowers in the middle.  I've also seen pomanders hang down over the table from the ceiling or a collection of chinese laterns. 

For your theme this type of thing could work well if done tastefully with snowflakes...obviously you don't want to go too far and make it look like a pre-school classroom decorated for winter, but I think there's definitely something you could do with snowflakes and glitter to make it different.

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • That's really cute but our celieing are 20 feet high where we are having it so I can't do any of the cute ceiling stuff:( bummer I know but thanks for that idea! I just don't know if the tree branches will get in the way of ppl talkign or if they would have to look around the vases. So hard to decide!!!
  • Sister did her wedding in Madison WI on a small budget. Had 2 different styles of branches - some had crystal beads hung and others had beads glued on.  To see how to do the beads go to http://www.save-on-crafts.com/icedbranches.html.Buried battery lights in top layer of clear crystals in the vase so the vase "glowed".

• Salt won't eat through the glass if you don't add water to it. :)

You could also try something like shown on this blog: http://blog.koyalwholesale.com/2011/12/2012-wedding-trends-diy-glitter-decor/
  • Kimberlyr22,

I love the paper chandelier...do you have a link or directions for it???

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards