Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Kissing wheel - glass clinking alternative

We have decided not to do the "glass clinking" if guests want us to kiss....instead, we are going to have a wheel that guests spin but we can't think of ideas to have on the wheel (ie. "consequences" if you don't land on the spot for us to kiss).  We've thought of a few others but we need quite a few more.  Your ideas please.  Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kissing wheel - glass clinking alternative

• Options
    Kiss another guest, sing a song, do a dance, something like that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think the kissing wheel is really cute, but unless someone makes an annoucement like "Instead of clinking glasses the bride and groom have set up a kissing wheel." you are still going to get people who will clink the glasses.  Also, I may not have the wheel up the whole reception because you are gonna have a constant stream of people spinning this wheel and you will not have time to do anything else at your reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I might re-think this. If you have "consequences" like kiss another guest or sing for everyone, I think you may not have very many people willing to spin the wheel. I would not put my guests in an uncomfortable position like that. If you don't like the idea of people clinking glasses, just don't kiss the first time they do it. They'll get the picture and not do it again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We will be having the MC announce the wheel. 

Also, I would never have "kiss another guest" as an option....I hate when people do
    that!  Everyone I talk to says to use the "dice" game - where the only consequence is to kiss another guest - which I find very inappropriate.  So far we have moonwalk back to your table, make an animal sound, bar slave for your table (open bar), those types of things.

So that being said, another other ideas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Skip it.
    And when people clink their glasses, ignore them.
    They'll get the hint and stop
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Just another idea..

I attended a wedding where to get the bride and groom to kiss you had to sing a verse of a song with the word love in it :)  It actually worked out very well I thought.  The couple had a small table by the DJ with a cordless mic and whole tables would join in and sing if people weren't feeling up to a solo! 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_kissing-wheel-glass-clinking-alternative?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:218172f6-c099-4830-b549-dfe6eaa55c8dPost:97660431-8550-4afb-b547-d2406da12d7c">Re: Kissing wheel - glass clinking alternative</a>:
    [QUOTE]Skip it. And when people clink their glasses, ignore them. They'll get the hint and stop
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!  Seriously, I don't care if you annouce it people will clink their glasses anyways.  Not to mention the wheel probably encourage guests to do this as opposed to just skipping it and ignoring the clinks.

And as a side vent:  On the day of the wedding all I wanted to do was make out with my H.  The only people that roll their eyes at glass clinking are the guests.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw the singing option on 4 Weddings the other night , my FI does not like PDA no matter how big or small , and I also do NOT want to be interupted while eating. I will be putting a nice note on the table with the explanation of the singing for a kiss and also my dj will announce such. And I also might have plastic silverware so the clinking hopefully if it does happen will not be as loud.
    Love is All You Need
  • Options
    I actually think the wheel is a very cute and fun idea.  I would've thought the "sing a song with 'love' in it" idea was lame too until I saw it on 4 weddings.  You have great ideas and I would go for it.  It is your wedding and guests will have fun with the game if for no other reason then because they love the two of you. 
  • Options
    Thanks Jiggy12 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards