Wedding Reception Forum

COLOR SCHEME HELP! SOS!

So my colors that i've always wanted are vibrant purple, dark gray (guys attire) & pops of teal to add some flare! My reception site has white table linens, white napkins, & black modern chairs (no covers) - then they will do lighting for an additional charge.
Any ideas how I can make this work?

Re: COLOR SCHEME HELP! SOS!

• Seeing as how black and white are neutral colors and would definitely go with the colors you have in mind I don't see an issue.  Have the uplighting (if you can afford it) be in your colors (purple and teal) and then make your centerpieces full of color.

• Another option would be to switch out the white tablecloths to a color.  I know this is most likely an additional charge, but it may be less than doing uplighting.  And absolutely what Maggie said about the color for centerpieces.
  • There are plenty of ways to add the color.  Of course you could rent table clothes.  You could use it in the centerpieces.  You could add a table runner.  Uplighting, table numbers, menus

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Those sound similar to our colors. Our venue provides a selection of colors and we have grey tablecloths with teal runners and blue uplighting. I would use what your venue provides and then get some great colorful displays for the tables. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you bring in your own linen?  I bought mine for SUPER cheap from www.smartyhadaparty.com. I had gray table clothes and white napkins.  http://happinessiscreating.com/my-wedding/ I did orange flowers (my colors where orange and gray with an accent of green). :)

• jamielinensjamielinens member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In addition to the previous comments... does your venue offer a discount if you provide your own linens?  I would recommend adding purple satin overlays or runners,  purple sashes on the chairs, and  teal napkins on the tables.  The centerpieces can pull the look together!  
  • Thank you ladies!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards