Wedding Reception Forum

Any have/going to have/ seen a birdcage card box?

I have one of these (not exactly but close) that my friend gave me from her wedding. I have 2 concerns A) it just doesn't seem big enough and B) I don't know if I like the idea that everyone can see inside and they have to open it to insert a card, so its not the safest thing in the world. Not that I don't trust any of my guests, but you never know. Anyone else think these things about the card cage?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Any have/going to have/ seen a birdcage card box?

• We had a birdcage much like the one you posted.  We had 125 guests and the majority of them gave us a card.  It held everything just fine, nothing got lost, no one stole anything, etc....
  • We are using one too.  I don't think anyone will take anything from it. 

• I don't think it will be a problem.  But if you don't like it, don't use it...I doubt your friend will be that offended.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • We're using one too. If you're concerned with being able to see in weave some fabric or lace through the lower bars and just have everyone slip them in through the top. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you don't want to use it for cards but worry you'll offend your friend, fill it with flowers or something.  Cute!
  • i've worked a lot of big weddings, you'd be surprised at how many couples use these. i've never seen guests steal from them and never had a problem with the cards falling out or not fitting. I've never heard anyone complain about them either. i think they are pretty!
  • We're using 2 because they are both a little small.  We're putting one on each end of the gift table.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_havegoing-seen-birdcage-card-box?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:29fc3d1e-1dd2-41b7-a80d-8b3fcd3e1bfbPost:d03ee258-3509-4968-a96f-4f702f6106df">Re: Any have/going to have/ seen a birdcage card box?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using one too. If you're concerned with being able to see in weave some fabric or lace through the lower bars and just have everyone slip them in through the top. 
    Posted by rmo57536[/QUOTE]

Thanks rmo, this is actually a great idea. That way it won't be so obvious as to how many are in there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards