Wedding Reception Forum
Options

1st dance and cake cutting question

We are having a very small wedding (50ppl) with no dancing after dinner.  However, our photographer suggested we do at least one first dance (he says it makes for good pics!).  My question is...when to do this?  We have our ceremony then cocktail hour, then dinner.  Would it make the most sense to come down from the cocktail hour, do dance, cut cake and then do toasts and dinner?  OR should we cut cake, toasts and dinner and then first dance just before everybody does send off/leaves?  Help!

Re: 1st dance and cake cutting question

• Options
    If you're not having dancing after dinner, I'd do your first dance before dinner. You could walk in, cut the cake, do your dance, then have toasts and dinner. Or dance first and then cut the cake, whatever works.
  • Options
    I understand why your photographer said this. It does make for a good photo op. However, it is so fake. If you are not having dancing, I think it looks too fake to do the bridal dance just so your photographer can take photos.
  • Options

Just my opinion, but if you're not having dancing, then you shouldn't have a first dance.  Seems to me that would confuse people.  This is just my opinion, however; I'm not aware of any etiquette rules on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards