Wedding Reception Forum

Dance Class!?

My FI and I wanted to take a few dance classes before the wedding...so we will look great on the dance floor and also thought it would be a lot of fun to do together when I know everything else is going to be hectic!  Has anyone else done/thought of doing this?
imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!

Re: Dance Class!?

• The FI and I are planning on taking lessons for sure. His brother and wife took lessons before their wedding a few years ago and they looked great. I think its a great and fun idea, and may be one of the few times you can get your man to take a dance class!
    **So long little Ms. ...Hello Mrs.**
  • My FI and I are going to do this also.  I have no dance skills at all! we aren't having it choreographed or anything, just hoping I'll learn something.  We also thought it would be fun to do together.
  • My FI and I took regular Ballroom and Latin classes together for fun for a while. I would highly, highly recommend it for any couple! That one night a week when its just us laughing and having fun, learning something new together was so good for our relationship. It helps you learn to trust and read each other; during one waltz class I closed my eyes for half the class, trusting him to put me in the right place and not step on my toes (which required quite a bit of faith, my dance shoes are open-toed and he has big feet). It felt so graceful. Granted, graceful isn't something I feel often, these dances take a long time to master; so unless you have a specific dance choreographed for you don't expect to be spontaneously pulling out anything impressive after one round of classes.
    Do it! I cannot emphasize that enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards