Wedding Reception Forum

Unique Well Wishes Ideas

My boss got married in October of 2010.  She had an autumn/leaf themed wedding.  When we first walked into the reception site there was a guest book.  Behind that was a small, artificial bare tree.  Scattered around it were paper leaves in autumn colors and each leaf had a thin ribbon attached to it.  There was a framed poem (I can't remember what it read), but basically asked that guests write down a quote, advice, etc. on a leaf and then hang it on the tree.  I thought the idea was adorable! I am getting married in May 2012 and am looking for a fun idea similar to this.  We are getting married on the beach and having hearts as a theme.  Any unique suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Unique Well Wishes Ideas

• I've heard of pople using stones and displaying them in a bowl or vase in their home, that would fit the beach them.  Or you could somehow do hearts instead of stones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    We are using apothecary jars for our guestbook. I'm going to find pieces of different shaped paper (hearts, circles, etc..) Then get some nice pens that don't smudge. Have people write advice, comments and well wishes and then place them in the jar. I still have to get a note/saying that tells the people what to do with the paper. Once it's all said and done, I'm going to collect the papers and make a album out of the notes and pics they took at the photobooth (if they did). I'll put them all together and have a memento to keep.

I'll probably going to use the skinnier jar to the far right.
  • We're doing the wish tree. I bought manzanita branches on ebay and made tags with my MOH for the tree. I found a cute poem that describes what guests are supposed to do. All I need to do is print it and frame it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're doing river rocks. If hearts are your theme, you could do the wishing tree with heart-shaped papers to hang.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • I also want to do a similar idea, but haven't had much luck coming up with an idea. I REALLY like the idea of using river rocks. Since you have a beach themed wedding, this would easily work for you. Maybe you could fill a few jars or vases with sand and sea shells, then leave the river rocks for guests to sign and write their well wishes on. Then, they place the river rocks inside on top of the sand/seashells. You could also use the river rocks for names/place cards. That would be really cute!

I also need a similar idea. We're getting married in a castle like setting and our colors will be various shades of light pink/cream/champagne. As of now, I don't have any "themes" (other than castle/fairytale) in mind, but I do want a cute idea for well wishes. Any suggestions, ladies?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards