Wedding Reception Forum

Chair Idea's help!

we are having an old holywood/broadway themed wedding I was thinking of using chair covers but they are expensive and we kinda have to keep a budget what are some ideas to decorate to keep the class and good look of the old hollywood glamour 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chair Idea's help!

• What do your chairs look like now?

Honestly, the decor of the chairs are the last thing people will care about or remember from your wedding.  I have never once attended a wedding and thought back on that day only to say "wow, those chair covers were amazing."

• what's an old hollywood/broadway theme?

• Ditto Maggie. I have no idea what our reception chairs looked like. I think they were brown, but I couldn't pick them out of a lineup. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    If you're on a budget, use the chairs that the venue provides.  The important thing about chairs is that there is one for each guest.

If you have to rent chairs, the white (or black) wooden folding chairs with padded seats are cost effective and fit all themes.
  • If you don't want to use chair covers, you can still use a sash to spruce up your chairs! Using the right colored sashes can really highlight and brighten a reception!
  • they are black not ugly looking i was thinking of just adding some tull or something like a sash tied around just to add a small touch to brighten it up.. Old holywood glamour/ old broadway theme i say it that way because we are having the ceremony in a theater like play style theater and whenever i say theater people sometimes think movie theater and if i say old holywood they think movies but this is more plays so playbills of different broadway shows as the table name tickets style invitations red, champagne and black rose's classical cars. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment

Personally, I don't care for chair covers and/or sashes.  I don't get decorating a chair.  If you have the budget for chair decor, I think that money is better spent on decor for the tables, or an upgrade to the food/beverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards