Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Veils

I am thinking about wearing a veil.  Do girls usually wear them all day/all night?  Or do they take them off at the reception?

Re: Veils

• Options

You can do either.  Also, another option is to take it off after the first dance.  I would suggest that if you choose a long veil that you take it off before the reception as I think it will just get in the way.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm wearing a chapel length veil for the ceremony and pictures.  I'm going to take it off and put a silk flower in my hair for the reception.  I didn't want to be bothered with the veil getting in my way eating and dancing.
  • Options
    I had planned to take mine out but ended up leaving it in because it was short and didn't bother me. Most girls that wear a long or cathedral veil take it off for the reception.
  • Options
    Veils can be bustled too. google  it for instructions. DD is bustling her cathedral length veil so that she can leave it on. It's not heavy when bustled, they pinned it up for her at the store so she could see how it would fee. It looks gorgeous with her dress and allows her to wear it longer. Typically veils aren't cheap plus it looks really good on her so she wants to leave it on through at least most, if not all, of the reception.

Google bustle veil and you'll find lots of information.
  • Options
    Ya I was going to wear either the elbow length or fingertip length veils so I could prob leave it in all night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards