Wedding Reception Forum

Lighting ideas

My reception site doesn't allow me to use tape or anything to hang stuff on the walls, only floral wire which is hard.  I also need set up to be easy because I have ot take it down at the end of the night in a certain amount of time (which sucks but i cna't afford to hire someone else to do it).  But I would like more lighting... I was going to rent from a place that had trees with twinkle lights on them but they are kind of expensive... idk if i should buy the tall planter holders and hang lights from them in jars or what..... just wondering if you guys had any light ideas to put around the site.. its indoor.
Thank you!

Re: Lighting ideas

• nafallonnafallon member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We rented uplights for my daughter's wedding reception.  You can get them from DIYuplights.com for $19 each.  They send them to you a day or 2 before the wedding and you return them in the box they came in with the postage paid return label.  They were very easy to set up and are LED so they don't get hot or use a lot of electricity (no blown circuit breakers). She also had Christmas trees with white lights in the corners of the room (it was a winter wedding).  I found the trees and the lights at garage sales and borrowed some from friends.

The centerpieces also had LED mini lights in them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards