Wedding Reception Forum

reception order of events

I just went to a wedding this weekend.  For their reception, they did introdutions followed by dinner.  At the end of dinner they cut the cake, followed by a bout a half hr ish for people to mingle/eat cake.  Then they had their first dance, parent dances, anniversary dance, bouquet/garter toss right away all one after another.  Then the rest of the night was open dancing. 

My question is, do you think that guests would like getting everything done and having the whole rest of the night to party instead of having to stop for 'events' throughout the night? Im now contemplating on doing this for my reception...

Re: reception order of events

• That is what we did and it worked well. 

I don't mind the dance winding down a little for the bouquet toss, etc.  So it's a personal preference. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-order-of-events?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:43e4c7b0-b16e-4ad4-8e8f-d81c10638eccPost:b0efd1a8-f13a-456f-a26f-11aee8b31a1c">reception order of events</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went to a wedding this weekend.  For their reception, they did introdutions followed by dinner.  At the end of dinner they cut the cake, followed by a bout a half hr ish for people to mingle/eat cake.  Then they had their first dance, parent dances, anniversary dance, bouquet/garter toss right away all one after another.  Then the rest of the night was open dancing.  My question is, do you think that guests would like getting everything done and having the whole rest of the night to party instead of having to stop for 'events' throughout the night? Im now contemplating on doing this for my reception...
    Posted by jessicamarie43[/QUOTE]

<div>I think your best bet is to make it so there are minimal interruptions once the dancing portion gets started.  We did:</div><div>Intro</div><div>Cake Cutting</div><div>First dance</div><div>Dinner</div><div>Parent dances</div><div>
    </div><div>The only thing we stopped for later is the bouquet/garter toss.  I think that gets more fun later on when people have had a few drinks.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing introduction right into toasts basically. Right at the end of most people eating we will do the first dances followed by about 30 minutes of open dancing.  We will then do the longest married dance right into cake cutting and then the party can really start with no more interruptions I would rather only interrupt people as few times as possible.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards