Wedding Reception Forum

outdoor ceremonies/receptions

Ok ladies! I need you help!!

First of all, hello to all! My name is Latoya and my fiance and I are getting married on april 30th on a very tight budget! :-)...We have decided to have an outdoor ceremony and reception which fits our budget perfectly!  Our reception is going to be under a nice size pole tent that seats 50-60 and our families full of cooks has even offered to prepare our favorite dishes instead of us having to settle for costly caterers that we may not actually like.  My question is do you ladies have any suggestions on any nice site/parks or anything of that nature that will allow us to set up our own tent for our function?  I've come across some beautiful parks (btw, i live in central jersey) that allow you to have your ceremony there, but either have restrictions on setting up your own tents or are already partnered with caterers that they require you to use if you want a reception.  Im having a hard time finding the place for us to post up!  Our only other option would be to have it in a friends yard, which they would be thrilled to do for us....BUT none of our friends have huge backyards :-( lol.....Ill take any and all suggestions with great appreciation!Laughing Thanks ladies!!

P.S.-congrats to all the wives and wives to be!!
Latoya-wife to DH since 04*30*11 Proud SAHM to DD Anaiyah Samara since 10*10*08 and DS Khairie Isaiah since 08*31*11 Surprise BFP 02*09*12 EDD 10*20*12 *TEAM GREEN!*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards