Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Picking a Theme?

I am having the hardest time coming up with a theme for our wedding. I'm not rustic, or vintage, or any of the "typical" theme categories you can think of. We're getting married at Cescaphe Ballroom in Philadelphia so I was maybe thinking of a Chateau theme? It has wrough iron gates, brick walls, grand ballroom, beautiful chandeliers, and beautiful balconies. Any other suggestions?

Re: Picking a Theme?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_picking-a-theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5bbdb4c0-04a1-40a0-b495-ed9028c41a35Post:75612391-b713-4482-9413-74e182368b6a">Re: Picking a Theme?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The theme of your wedding is marriage. Pick decorations you like and leave it at that.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I think Pinterest and other similar trends have made brides assume, incorrectly, that their wedding needs a theme.  Just pick decorations and colors that you like or reflect you as a couple.  My H and I are both English teachers, so our centerpieces were composed of our favorite books.  We also had a photobooth and had plastic sleeves with tassels so the photobooth strips could be turned into book marks.  I didn't consciously decide our wedding was going to have a "book theme".  I just picked decor that I enjoyed and was personal to us.</div>
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    Don't worry about a theme. We used a lot of river rocks in our decor, so that was kind of like a theme, but a lot of people try way too hard to have a theme and their wedding ends up looking like a birthday party, Prom, or is just obnoxious with all the matchy matchy theme stuff. Just choose colors and decorations you like.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards