Wedding Reception Forum

dance floor ideas

Okay, our reception is going to be in a hotel ballroom that fits 150 people comfortably. The ballroom has carpet. To get a dance floor put down will be impossible when seating 150 people comfortably. I am stuck. We cant dance without a dance floor right? My fiance' said we can dance on the carpet and still seat everyone comfortably. Will that be tacky?

Re: dance floor ideas

• Think about the types of tables and the space. Can you do rounds of 10, that would take up less space then more tables of 8. You can also think about using those long banquet tables that might also give you some more space.

Did the hotel tell you it would sit 150 people with dancing? Maybe they had an example floor plan. If all else fails you may end up with carpet. Maybe provide the guests with flipflops if you think it will be harder to dance on the carpet.

Also, keep track of your guest list. We were aiming for 150, but ended up with 110. So you may end up with space!

• no, it is not tacky. our venue didnt have a dance floor either, and we paid for one (and everyone had room to sit comfortably)

you can dance on carpet, as long as there a designated area, people will know what to do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_dance-floor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5df22f36-0d50-4645-8623-29fb36a39c13Post:c7f81d83-fc51-4b7b-a72e-823a222ae8fe">dance floor ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, our reception is going to be in a hotel ballroom that fits 150 people comfortably. The ballroom has carpet. To get a dance floor put down will be impossible when seating 150 people comfortably. I am stuck. We cant dance without a dance floor right? My fiance' said we can dance on the carpet and still seat everyone comfortably. Will that be tacky?
    Posted by 01srobinson[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm confused...if you don't have room to put down the dance floor, where is the room to dance?  Dancing on the carpet is fine, as long as there is a designated area that can fit everyone.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards