Wedding Reception Forum

Fiance doesn't want cake!

My fiance doesn't want cake and its his wedding to so I want to make him happy, What can we have insead of cake or cupcakes? I love any and all desserts so I am open to an options for anything sweet. Thank you fellow brides!!!

Re: Fiance doesn't want cake!

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    You could have pie, cheesecake, dessert crepes or souffles, ice cream, brownies, cookies, fruit compotes, custards, or mousses.

I'm sure there are other non-cake desserts you could have as well.
  • Have a dessert buffet/bar with a selection of different items. Pies, cookies, cheesecake, tarts, etc. etc. etc.  There are a ton of diffrent dessert options.  Personally, I don't think you should just nix cupcakes or cake, just because he doesn't like it.  He doesn't have to eat any, but you could still put it on the dessert table.
  • Nobody said he has to eat it.  Remind him that the reception is for the guests and some (like me) look forward to wedding cake more than anything else during the meal.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_fiance-doesnt-want-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:6422acdf-edfb-4b6d-b0f1-dac0d1040c96Post:ce92c669-c9d8-4c46-9b20-4f11978ab3bc">Re: Fiance doesn't want cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nobody said he has to eat it.  Remind him that the reception is for the guests and some (like me) look forward to wedding cake more than anything else during the meal.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

<div>This! </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, check out previous post titled "Bride and Groom Don't Like Cake" -many of the same suggestions on that thread. </div><div>
    </div><div>Basically, having an assortment of desserts is a great way to accommodate your groom and also your guests. Many people will want cake... so don't leave it out in lieu of all the other desserts. Include it for those who will be looking for it. Whether it's a sheet cake, cupcakes, or a couple regular sized cakes (not tiered) they will help fill the bill along with all the other desserts on display.</div>

Anniversary
  • We aren't having cake either! We are doing cheesecakes (strawberry swirl, traditional, and chocolate) as our cakes we feed to each other and stuff and then we are having a candy table (the cheap way good candy- not necessarily matching colors haha.. think lots of chocolate mini candy bars sams club bulk and hershey kisses sorta candy)
  • My FI was the same way so we did a chocolate fountain and mini desserts instead.  The chocolate fountain is tiered so it gives the same grand effect.  We're doing milk chocolate, but if you want it to look even more wedding-y, make it white chocolate.  Our vendor even has crystals and flowers to decorate the fountain.
  • I wouldn't mind having a huge fruit salad or a fondu fountain, anyone would enjoy either of those! Or even both, chocolate covered fruit is always yummy!

• I love all kinds of desserts.  Originally my fiance & I were planning on just having cheesecake and using that for the "cake cutting."  We were talked into a "traditional" cake.  I'd be fine & wouldn't complain if there was not a regular cake where I was a guest.  Now cheesecake is grooms cake.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards