Wedding Reception Forum

Centerpiece Ideas PLEASE!!

Okay, my wedding in is May, the feeling is more fun mixed with traditional, not extremely traditional and not elegant.  My colors are black and hot pink (Begonia from David's Bridal) along with a Blue-ish accect (Malibu from David's Bridal).  I am having trouble coming up with centerpieces.  I don't want them too elegant, I want them to be fun and different, but not to look like i'm having a birthday party.  Table cloths will be black.   I plan on having two separate ones...probably a tall and short...my tables are round so one per table.  Any ideas would be great!    Any other details needed, let me know!

Re: Centerpiece Ideas PLEASE!!

• I'm not being extremely helpful here, but if you go on Pinterest and search "Centerpiece" pins, I bet you would find something you'd love.
  • What about a BRIDAL TISSUE BOX for your centerpiece...if you go to my facebook page, you can see the photos of boxes I designed for different weddings..Michele Fields-Witherspoon...
  • I'm actually doing hershey's kisses with our names on the bottom iin giant glass fish bowls we also have little bags with our initials and wedding date on them for our party favors. My bridesmaids fought me to the death on having center pieces (I really didnt see the point). So I caved and said that the only way I would have them is if they were edible. Smile
  • I would do something with feathers! I've seen some beautiful centerpieces with giant feathers in vases. You could probably get your colors too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm doig paper flowers using sheet music paper. You tube
  • puppetrickpuppetrick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I went to Ikea and bought WHITE frames (they were stand up ones - I forget the "name" of them) - very "moderny" looking and cheap! - which were double sided and placed them in the middle of bright pink and bright orange tulle knots I created for the middle (for texture!) of each table..each also had (from IKEA), pink glass candle-holders which we placed rose colored aquarium rocks in and a pink candle (again, all from IKEA) - .very simple and very "pop of color"! Will post pics in a few...total for all centerpieces? $75!
  • Here are a few pictures - my MoH and BM creating a few of the "knotted" tulle -  what one little set looked like (to be placed on the white tables - we just had it on one of the buffet tables to take a picture), and then a more "professional" shot of what it looked like..it was very "us" since I'm so camera-happy with every event in my life. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards