Wedding Reception Forum

October Wedding

What colors would you choose? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: October Wedding

• Whatever colors you like.  You don't have to match your colors to the season.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • DItto aerin but I love fall colors so if I were planning a fall wedding, I would use burnt oranges, reds, and yellows.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I chose apple red from David's Bridal for the BM dresses.  I also strongly considered the color persimmon.  I then also used red, chocolate brown and orange with the decor. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:707da234-6f50-41d4-8296-db519b281322Post:d4156e48-0e22-4e2b-84cb-421a13e22eba">Re: October Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatever colors you like.  You don't have to match your colors to the season.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Aerin is wise.  Our wedding was at the end of October, and we had black, purple and platinum.
  • I am also getting married this October, and my colors are an eggplant purple and ivory. It's somewhat suited for the Fall, but not something that would traditionally come to mind for a Fall wedding.

I also agree with Mrs. B.: Burnt colors are nice, I think a nice burgundy color or burnt orange is a good way to go. :-)
  • The idea that one must use certain colors according to the seasons makes me giggle.  OP:  If I asked you and your FI to instantly tell me your favorite colors, what woud you each say?  Would you ask what season it was before you answered?

This is another one of those wedding conspiracies to make you think that such things matter to anyone.  They don't.  You're not having a Halloween party (I assume).  You're having your wedding.

Choose whatever colors you love.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    i agree with aerin - you can pick whatever colours you want anytime of year.

i'm an october bride and i'm going for black and white. My venue has one room that has orange walls, so i'm incorporating that to tie things together.
  • I'm an October 22, 2011 bride here and initially was going to do a fall theme, going with brown and bronze for my colors - letting the flowers pick up the fall hues of oranges, reds, and yellows.

I'm no longer doing a fall theme and my color scheme is above.  I agree with PPs, any colors can work for any season.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jesslv74jesslv74 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I'd go with your favorite colors. I'd rather see what I like rather than what I think it should look like. I love purple so my colors are a mixutre of dark plum, dark shade of lavender, and white. If you want to go seasonal though, you might want to try something lke this. If I wasn't going with purple I would probably choose these colors or even this collection:

-1&src=par&keep=-1" rel="nofollow">http://www.theknot.com/bridesmaid-dress/impression-bridesmaids/1743-1752-1758?ctx=-1:-1:-1:-1&src=par&keep=-1. Hope that link works!
  • I'd go with your favorite colors. I'd rather see what I like rather than what I think it should look like. I love purple so my colors are a mixutre of dark plum, dark shade of lavender, and white. If you want to go seasonal though, you might want to try something lke this. If I wasn't going with purple I would probably choose these colors or even this collection:

-1&src=par&keep=-1" rel="nofollow">http://www.theknot.com/bridesmaid-dress/impression-bridesmaids/1743-1752-1758?ctx=-1:-1:-1:-1&src=par&keep=-1. Hope that link works!
  • I'm getting married in October too :)

I say go with your favorite colors, or at least colors you really love to see in weddings. It doesn't have to match the season, because it's your wedding and your day. I'm doing pink, orange, and yellow, bc those colors are fun and cheery. I'm also using gerber daisies as my boquet. Those are totally spring colors, but I don't care.
  • Any colors you want!

We're doing Plum, Oranges, reds, yellows and greens since Fall is my favorite season - but you don't have to match your wedding to the season, they just happened to be my favorite colors!
  • We're having an October wedding but I refused to do traditional fall colors.  We're using very deep purple and gold colors.

• We're getting married October 1, 2011. I always thought black and white weddings were elegant, and my FI favorite color is red. So we're doing black and white with red accents. Choose whatever colors you like best. It's your day, so do what you want! =)

• I forgot to mention in my reply that I am also getting married in Oct. I see a couple of 10-10-10's on here. :) I hope to see how they turn out (nott the 10-10-10's...all the Oct ones). Those are all nice color suggestions. It's interesting when you hear about some really odd color combos and they end up turning out beautifully.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:707da234-6f50-41d4-8296-db519b281322Post:978041c9-bdbb-4fc9-9cf8-76216fdca8af">Re: October Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I chose apple red from David's Bridal for the BM dresses.  I also strongly considered the color persimmon.  I then also used red, chocolate brown and orange with the decor. 
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

Your wedding was very lovely. We (or at least I am for sure) am also getting my hair done at JCP. I have awesome stylist who I've been going to for over 10 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards