Wedding Reception Forum
Options

what the usual reception entrance "timeline"?

hey,  so what is the usual order of things at the reception?  enterance, first dance, toasts, dinner?  enterance, toasts, dinner, first dance?  what did you all do or are planning on doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what the usual reception entrance "timeline"?

• Options
    We did the same--first dance right after the announcement.  We were nervous and wanted it over with so we didn't have to worry about it all through dinner.  But some girls prefer to do it after dinner, it's just a personal preference.

So we did:
    Announcement
    First dance
    Welcome speech by DH's parents
    Dinner
    Cake cutting/toasts
    Dancing
    Bouquet/garter
    Dancing
    Last dance
    Exit

We didn't do any spotlight dances but you can easily work those in.  If you're having a DJ, he/she can help with the timeline also.
  • Options
    thanks ladies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We'll do:

Entrance
    Finish cocktail hour
    Toasts
    Dinner
    First dance
    Groom/MOG dance

We're not doing a cake cutting (we're having cupcakes) or any tosses so after FI dances with his mom there will be open dancing the rest of the night.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-the-usual-reception-entrance-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7604250f-dd5f-428d-883a-b5496fe079bdPost:7dd11123-6a88-4659-84e5-74fda7916bd3">Re: what the usual reception entrance "timeline"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll do: Entrance Finish cocktail hour Toasts Dinner First dance Groom/MOG dance We're not doing a cake cutting (we're having cupcakes) or any tosses so after FI dances with his mom there will be open dancing the rest of the night.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

<div>that's probably most likely how ours will go.  the ceremony is at 4, will get done by 4:30. take family pictures and head out for wp pictures,  cocktail hour starts at 5:30 (so the caters could set up without all the banging during the ceremony that is underneath the reception), dinner served at 6:30.  my mom had me put that on the invites just in case people didn't want to come until dinner, but now that i think about it, it could have gotten started earlier. oh well!  i guess if we come back early, that would be a good time to do the dances and toasts and keep it moving haha.  also, we're doing a dessert bar with just a small 1 tier cake, so we could just pull our photog to the side for that after dinner, no need for everyone to stare at us cut a small cake haha.</div><div>
    </div><div>ok thanks ladies.. this last message was pretty much me talking to myself. heh.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am planning on doing:

Slideshow
    Announcement
    BP Dance/GM dance/WP dance
    First dance B&G
    Toasts
    Dinner
    Spotlight dances
    etc...

Daisypath Wedding tickers