Wedding Reception Forum

Linen advice needed

My formal wedding is in June, starting at 6 (reception 7:30-8ish). My dress is ivory. My bridesmaids will be wearing "horizon", that dark-ish royal-ish blue color from David's Bridal. My centerpieces are a mixture of glass vases with white sand, white and silver candles, seaglass and white flowers. The venue provides white linens and gold chivari chairs.

What what WHAT should I do for linens if anything?
...I know the gold chairs don't really match but it seems silly (and a waste of money) to rent additional chairs.
...I know my colors are slightly winter-y, but that's why I went with royal blue over navy (my FI and I LOVE blue).

And table runners? Do people use these? Maybe royal blue satin chair ties and table runners? Do I need a spash of a more summery color? I don't know.

All advice (and pictures!) appreciated!!
Darcy

Re: Linen advice needed

• Honestly, I'm probably going with the white linens my venue provides. Perhaps I am a bad bride.

Oh, but I might have my mom make table runners (perhaps in another shade of blue for you?), or I'll at least buy some big handkerchiefs to use under the centerpieces. Or use blue napkins with the white table cloths?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • There is nothing wrong with the white linens provided - they are very nice. The venue is a tent however, which is also white drapey linen (including the "walls"), and I wonder if all that white will be blinding and unimpressive, kind of like a new apartment with bland beige walls and carpet.

I love bright colors and would love to throw in a fuschia or something but want to keep it classy.

I initially wanted to do royal blue table cloths...but then (stay with me) I watched the latest episode of Glee when the guidance counselor and gym teacher were to have their unwanted reception in the high school gym. They used royal blue tablecloths. NO NO NO I do not want that look for my wedding!!! lol
  • ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Use the white linens provided for the tables and rent napkins to add a pop of color.  

Our venue provided white linens with a brown overlay...  We rented champagne napkins to pull it all together.  Take a look at my bio to see what I'm talking about...  

You could probably find royal blue napkins, for example.  Good luck ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards