Wedding Reception Forum

popcorn bar?

Yeah? Nay? Thoughts?
I'm thinking regular popcorn with some sprinkle on seasonings.  The chocolate covered costco popcorn, maybe pretzels, choc chips, m&m's???  Setting it up like a candy bar....  What do you think?  We aren't big candy eaters but I love me some popcorn!!! Any other ideas on how to make it work or improve upon it?

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

Re: popcorn bar?

• Even though I'm not a huge fan of popcorn, I think this is a cute idea. It's a nice alternative to a candy bar and would make a great edible favor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great, now I want some zebra popcorn from costco.  *sigh*

• yea.

but i'd put many different kinds of popcorn out-regular, kettle, caramel, chocolate and then include toppers or things to mix iwht it. perhaps give those red and white 'popcorn' boxes for people to use.

you cant have someone there makign fresh kellte corn can you? that stuff fresh is the besst popcorn ever!!

• hmmm.......I don't know if I could swing that.  They may just have to settle for the store bought stuff.  Yummy.

• Sounds nice!
  • Good lord, I'd gain 3 pounds in one night!  Mmmmm it sounds divine!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• We both love popcorn and I'm a little jealous I didn't think of this! Great idea!
  • Yummmmmmmmy!!!  I recently discovered a lime-and-sea-salt microwave popcorn (Orville R., I think) and it's delcious.  Like the hint-of-lime tortilla chips only better.  Love the idea (and FI would flip!).
  • We didn't do a popcorn bar per se -- more fresh popped popcorn in a popcorn cart with 10 or so different toppings for an after dinner snack to help soak up some of the alcohol.  It was a hit with all the guests -- young and old. 

Your bar idea sounds great  -- everyone loves popcorn, and you can do for at the reception and take home.  Oriental trading has cute, affordable popcorn boxes that you can decorate for the occassion.

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_popcorn-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:7c662f6f-cca5-4f85-8a93-03456413d932Post:9ab3457c-e3df-4aae-8169-e9d98440836a">Re: popcorn bar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't do a popcorn bar per se -- more fresh popped popcorn in a popcorn cart with 10 or so different toppings for an after dinner snack to help soak up some of the alcohol.  It was a hit with all the guests -- young and old.  Your bar idea sounds great  -- everyone loves popcorn, and you can do for at the reception and take home.  Oriental trading has cute, affordable popcorn boxes that you can decorate for the occassion.
    Posted by kimberlyr22[/QUOTE]

those are super cute popcorn boxes!  I'm going to go look at those! 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_popcorn-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7c662f6f-cca5-4f85-8a93-03456413d932Post:1168731a-7f26-494e-ab3a-81f358c4c617">Re: popcorn bar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yummmmmmmmy!!!  I recently discovered a lime-and-sea-salt microwave popcorn (Orville R., I think) and it's delcious.  Like the hint-of-lime tortilla chips only better.  Love the idea (and FI would flip!).
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE this stuff. Seriously, so good.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think it's a fabulous idea. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards